Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

About week ago I finished work on 3d model of Dodge Caliber. And now everybody can have it for just $150.

Click on image to see details

My next model will be tunned version of Dodge Caliber with interior.

If you need only pictures of that model please contact me [email protected], I will answer as fast as possible.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
TataR said:
And now everybody can have it for just $150.
LOL, what for? Do people actually pay that much money for 3D models (and who would???)? Do you work for Dodge/DCX or a subsidiary/affiliate?

Anyways, for what it's worth, and I don't know what sort of quality you are aiming for or if you are interested in critiques or not but...

The model doesn't look quite right. The frontal surface looks like it's raked back too much and the rear looks like it's too vertical (not angled enough forward). The side mirrors also look slightly wrong. Other than that (and possibly some other things that I can't put my finger on at the moment) it looks great!

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
GOT said:
LOL, what for? Do people actually pay that much money for 3D models (and who would???)? Do you work for Dodge/DCX or a subsidiary/affiliate?

Many designers use 3D Studio Max for their work. Everything is done by computers these days in that industry. It is easier to let the computer compute the dimensions, material, volume for all the possible molds for something to be sent to manufacturing/ industry. It can also be used in the future to model the next generation Caliber quite easily and or possible body kits of such.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Xtreme Thunder said:
Many designers use 3D Studio Max for their work. Everything is done by computers these days in that industry. It is easier to let the computer compute the dimensions, material, volume for all the possible molds for something to be sent to manufacturing/ industry. It can also be used in the future to model the next generation Caliber quite easily and or possible body kits of such.
Yes I understand that, I'm a graphic artist (I use Alias Maya... not very good with it yet... and am nervous about what M$ is going to do with Maya since they just bought it a few months ago).

I'm just wondering what TataR is up to. Don’t get me wrong, I think it's cool that he/she has modeled the Caliber, but who is going to buy that, and for that price (I'd rather buy the front-strut-tower-brace) and in the app-file? The manufacturers already have hundreds of virtual models of it. If he is simply doing a show-&-tell then fine, but he should present it as such instead of a pander for cash.

·
Registered
447 Posts
The wheels are totally wrong. The black seperator between the lower front bumper and the top front bumper is wrong, there is no black. Going again with the rake and protrusion of the grill being way off. Not so far out or at such an angle. The mirrors are not body color. The front lip spoiler is only raked forward, not back. Rear fender seems a little too far out. Stock rear spoiler is not body color. Rear bumper does not protrude enough from the rear of the car. Tail lights are a much deeper red, and at more of an angle at the side. There is no rear lip spoiler. Rear badges are not chrome enough. There is no far rear side window in the model. Hood seems too raked as well and is far too domed.

It's a good attempt, but it's far too off for you to be releasing it, yet alone charging $150 for the file. Keep working on it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for comments and critique. I will use it in further models.

I know that my model have differences from real Caliber, because I modelled it by photos.
I don't think that price is too high. Who buy such products they know how much it costs. I don't think that you can buy 3d model of Caliber from Dodge at cheaper price. And there is no other 3d models of Caliber exist for now, I'm first who made it for sale. I just tired of same 3d models on every site (Audi TT, Nissan Skyline GT, Lamborgini Murcellago, Ford Focus, etc) so I wanted to make something new and so I choosed Caliber.

About colours - you totally wrong. There is no different black carpaint on my model.

If somebody could share blueprint of Caliber with me, it would be very good.
Then I can make it more accurate.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
TataR said:
I just tired of same 3d models on every site (Audi TT, Nissan Skyline GT, Lamborgini Murcellago, Ford Focus, etc) so I wanted to make something new and so I choosed Caliber.
Yeah, that's cool that you did the Caliber! When someone gets some better drawings for you it shouldn't be too difficult to make the corrections. :cool:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
GOT said:
Yeah, that's cool that you did the Caliber! When someone gets some better drawings for you it shouldn't be too difficult to make the corrections. :cool:
Ofcourse I will correct it.

I think next work in progress I'll post here, and you will help me to make the right model.

You know, in work process I made about 6 different Calibers, this one is more close to original. See the fference in attached files.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
GOT said:
LOL, what for? Do people actually pay that much money for 3D models (and who would???)?
specially for you link - this model was bought 3 times

GOT said:
The model doesn't look quite right. The frontal surface looks like it's raked back too much and the rear looks like it's too vertical (not angled enough forward). The side mirrors also look slightly wrong. Other than that (and possibly some other things that I can't put my finger on at the moment) it looks great!
Thanks for critique, tomorrow I will post some measurements that I made in 3d, can I count on your help to verify them?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
GOT said:
Yes I understand that, I'm a graphic artist (I use Alias Maya... not very good with it yet... and am nervous about what M$ is going to do with Maya since they just bought it a few months ago).

Microsoft bought Alias Maya?? Hmm...I thought Autodesk bought them...or are they owned by them too...sorry for my ignorance

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Xtreme Thunder said:
Microsoft bought Alias Maya?? Hmm...I thought Autodesk bought them...or are they owned by them too...sorry for my ignorance
M$ owns EVERYTHING (you do know they own controlling interest in Apple don't you?). M$ bought Autodesk in the 80s (sometime around then).

·
Registered
311 Posts
TataR said:
... And now everybody can have it for just $150.
TataR said:
... If somebody could share blueprint of Caliber with me, it would be very good. Then I can make it more accurate.
TataR said:
... I think next work in progress I'll post here, and you will help me to make the right model...
TataR said:
... Thanks for critique, tomorrow I will post some measurements that I made in 3d, can I count on your help to verify them?
Anybody else smell that? :eek: It ain't roses!

Royalties?? $:mad: $:mad: $

·
Registered
86 Posts
MS does not own a controlling interest in Apple.

GOT said:
M$ owns EVERYTHING (you do know they own controlling interest in Apple don't you?). M$ bought Autodesk in the 80s (sometime around then).

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
ekool said:
MS does not own a controlling interest in Apple.
YES they do.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts