Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has installed this particular radio in there Caliber yet? I would appreciate some info as to how to install this radio correctly. The radio does come with instructions to install, but Mopar for some strange reason, have the instructions for the Caliber installation procedures mixed up with the Jeep Compass procedures, and don't know which one to follow. I'm trying to find a number to contact Mopar this Monday, but to no avail. If anyone has info or insight, it would greatly be appreciated! Thank you!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
man...am I the only one putting one of these bad boys into a Caliber or what?! :confused: :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TommyLee said:
The Compass and Caliber should be the same, being they are built on the same platform.
There not though, they have a different dash set-up and bezel. Thanks anyway...

·
Registered
173 Posts
As we speak, I am looking at the Compass and Caliber Center Stacks, and they are the same. I am also looking at the radio installation and removal instructions for both cars, and they are also the same. The dash and instrument clusters are styled differently, but the GPS antenna mounts in the same place under the dash of each car.

The only difference in the center stacks are that the Compass has flaps on its vents to move them up or down, where the Caliber does not.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Here are the Caliber instructions:

1.Position antenna cable (3) to wire harness. Secure into place.
2.Install antenna (1) mounting fasteners.
3.Install radio (4) (Refer to 8 - ELECTRICAL/AUDIO/RADIO - INSTALLATION) .
4.Install instrument panel top cover (Refer to 23 - BODY/INSTRUMENT PANEL/INSTRUMENT PANEL TOP COVER - INSTALLATION) .
5.Connect battery negative cable.

Here are the Compass instructions:

1.Position antenna cable (3) to wire harness. Secure into place.
2.Install antenna (1) mounting fasteners.
3.Install radio (4) (Refer to 8 - ELECTRICAL/AUDIO/RADIO - INSTALLATION) .
4.Install instrument panel top cover (Refer to 23 - BODY/INSTRUMENT PANEL/INSTRUMENT PANEL TOP COVER - INSTALLATION) .
5.Connect battery negative cable.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
These instructions are totally different from the one that came with the radio. Did these instructions come with a mopar radio? I'll scan and show you what I'm talking about!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
From the looks of the pictures, I take it the dash panel needs to be removed also. Have you removed the paneling and bezel yourself yet? If so, there secured by clips right? Let me know when you get the chance! Once again, thank you for your help!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Wow...this info is very helpful, and I thank you greatly! Please note I don't get my Caliber for another two weeks, its in transit to dealer right now. Anyway, rather them tearing into my new car, Id rather do it myself. Tell me something, the pictures and info your getting, is this all in the owners manual? Again, thanks for all the help!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Glad I could help. Just let me know if you need any more info.

The info I provided is all in the Service Manual, not the Owner's Manual.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
TommyLee said:
Glad I could help. Just let me know if you need any more info.

The info I provided is all in the Service Manual, not the Owner's Manual.
Is this service manual available in stores? If so, do you know where I could get a copy?

Thanks!

·
Registered
311 Posts
mahal3680 said:
Is this service manual available in stores? If so, do you know where I could get a copy?

Thanks!
EBAY. CALIBER SERVICE Manual <--Click that link. This is where I got mine. The service manual has come in quite handy and I think it worth the cost. Be aware that the manual is shipped on a CD and the content is a searchable portable document format (PDF) file.

Tyke

·
Registered
746 Posts
if it's anything like the lx line, the person installing the ducts attaches the antenna and then the radio guy puts it in, it's only held by four screws, then the guy on the back of the steering column assembly plugs all four connectors in place. the round one, the bigger rectangular one, the squarish one and the little tiny square one from the antenna.

oh yeah and make sure that the cable for the antenna is facing the front of the car not toward the driver when you're putting it in... just trust me on that one.

·
Registered
377 Posts
What is the size of the Navigation stereo? I'm just wondering that if I get the bezel for the Navigation if any other NAV will fit. Is it just a normal double DIN opening?

Thanks.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Tigerr said:
What is the size of the Navigation stereo? I'm just wondering that if I get the bezel for the Navigation if any other NAV will fit. Is it just a normal double DIN opening?

Thanks.
Its a double DIN opening. You will lose the compartment found underneath the factory stereo though. I'll post some pictures in a couple of weeks!

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
mahal3680 said:
Its a double DIN opening. You will lose the compartment found underneath the factory stereo though. I'll post some pictures in a couple of weeks!
That sounds good to me!:)

I was also looking for aftermarket 2 DIN slot Navi for a Caliber....

·
Registered
171 Posts
You can probably get one at moparsupercenter for about $80.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts