Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just checked a few dealers' inventories around my area and I found a 5-speed. Just one in a 30 mile radius. Unfortunately I am stuck at work and won't be able to take a look at it until tomorrow and won't be able to drive it until monday.

If you are interested in taking one for a test drive take a look at dodge.com and check the inventories of your dealers.

I'll let everyone know of my thoughts after my drive. I hope it's worth it since i've been waiting forever for my order already.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Finally...took 'em long enough..:D:D

·
Registered
71 Posts
I want to test drive the five speed. I just can't understand why it's not
available with the 2 litre. but as a chrysler employee some of there
decisions don't make sense to any of us.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
holeydonut said:
Was it a 5-speed RT?
Unfortunately not. It was a yellow sxt. I'll let everyone know how I thought of it after the test drive tomorrow. Hopefully it will still be there. I know they fly off the lot once they are unloaded.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry for the delay in reporting the news on the 5-speed caliber. I was too busy playing with my new car (more on that later). I went up to the dealor and it was sold one hour prior. Luckily I got to take a look inside since the new owners have not picked it up yet. The shift knob is the same as the CVT shift knob. It looks the exact same except it does not have the PRDNL track that the knob follows. It had what looked like a cloth or leather boot in its place.

So on to the new car... I called on the 1st of may to check for an update on my 5-speed caliber. The new build date was May 19th. I was in no position to wait another month (by the time i would be able to get behind the wheel would be close to a month) to get a new car. I already waited 7 weeks after my dealer said 4-6. I ended up going to my dealer and to my surprise seen a beautiful neon SRT-4 on their lot. The body was in excellent shape with not a door ding or rock chip any where on the car. It was corporate owned by chrysler and used as a show car only. I couldn't pass it up. i have wanted one of these since they came out. When things happen to me, i believe they happen for a reason. I was meant to have this SRT-4.

I hope everyone has better patience than me and is in a better position to wait for your car if you have ordered it. Enjoy your calibers, if anyone is interested there is a black 5-speed caliber in st. louis, MO that is just waiting to have an owner (in a month).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts