Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i ordered a red caliber sxt awhile ago...

but, for some damn reason...i'm just always bouncing back and forth.

i was at the dealership with my friend (my wife hates car shopping...cause she doesn't like the "talking" process)...and i was going back and forth between the orange and the red...i ended up going with...obviously the red.

now...i'm thinking about black...but, i've had black cars...and when it gets a scratch...OMG! annoying as hell. ...very noticable. red? ...well...the only two colors i can really think that aren't that noticable is really white and silver...

i've had a silver suv...and everyone and their grandmas have silver. i just wanted something different. i wanted a yellow car forever...but, that was on a s2000...i think yellow on a caliber would just make me look like a taxi cab driver...too much yellow driving around.

the orange...i saw wasn't as vibrant as i thought it would be...but, for some reason...still appeals to me. the black is just a classic look...and the red is bold...

i'm so indecisive...after every question at the dealership...i kept saying, "throw in this"..."...well...how about you give me this if i go with this?" my friend was laughing at how i was just bouncing around with the dealer. i got my sxt with a 1,000 discount...so paying around 16,000 something.

iono...i've ranted enough...any opinions...sigh...

·
Registered
343 Posts
after all...it IS a Caliber, so any color is great :), Personal experience though:
1) Black looks great only when clean
2) Red attracts speeding tickets {even if you aren't the one going fastest}
3) Silver and white are a little bland (I have a silver Neon, wanted a Charcoal one)
4) Yellow will be dated quicker than other colors...even orange
5) Gold is a grandma's color ;)

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I think the red color that Dodge uses is one of the nicest reds there are.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
yeah; of the choices, orange will be noticed a bit more, because there arent many non-scion orange cars rollin around.. the red probably looks the best on caliber [without having to pay 150 or w/e for it].. i'd stick with red, i like white on this thing too, silver.. ehh, seems thats everyones color so far.. red seems like the right choice :D

·
Registered
62 Posts
Out of Red or Black, I would go with the Red. It was my second choice and I spent quite a while trying to decide between Red or Orange. If the yellow was more metallic looking like the yellow displayed in the brochure I think it would easily be at the top of the list. Even though the Orange is not vibrant I think the metallic is what makes it look so good.

The more pictures of the Marine blue that I see, the better I like that color. I don't like the Steel blue at all (just looks so blah), and I'm just not a fan of white cars in general, though with the windows tinted I think it looks great on the Caliber. Too many corporate/fleet cars are white and they are probably only second to black in the difficulty of keeping them looking clean.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts