Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
NewPowerRadio said:
My CD player (RAQ) went tits up this morning. :confused:

Was playing disc #2 when all of a sudden it stopped, spit the CD out and now it just sits there making that loading noise and the screen is saying "Error". :(

It won't let me change CD's, eject or load anything.

HELL, DAMN, FART!!! :mad:

I NEED my music.
Right back to the dealer you should go.

·
Registered
126 Posts
.22 said:
I would be excited, don't the new 6 disc changers come with the aux jack?
The single cd am/fm radio comes with the aux jack only.

·
Registered
182 Posts
v.luas said:
I had the same problem with my old ford focus, according to the dealer it was because I was using burned CDs.
Ha ha ha ha ha !...wait......Ha ha ha ha!!! That is the dumbest thing i have ever heard!:D How did you keep a straight face with the person who told you that?
Cheers!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yes some radios have problems with burned CD's but not these radios.

Another common problem is people applying labels to their CD's, when it gets really hot in the car sometimes the label's bubble and such then when you go to eject it it gets stuck.

Anyway the dealer should be able to take care of you.

·
Registered
203 Posts
That's funny about the burned CD's. How are you supposed to get a MP3 CD without burning it? I would have tried disconnecting the battery for a few minutes and seen if that would have reset the radio and spit your CDs back out. Hopefully they wil lbe able to recover the ones still in the radio for you.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Life with out tunes suck! A week doesn't seem terrible compared to the guy who waited 3 weeks for a tire. Is it installed yet or just here? Read the post about the guy that had a Nav system put in and the dealer kept braking things and had to wait for parts, seems he was with out his Caliber for 3 weeks and still waiting the last that I read. I hope it goes well from here for you!!!
Also the manual says that you can use CD-R's so they won't be able to use that lame excuse. It is LOL that in the past other dealers have tried that. The stick on labels come off in cold weather too and can get hung up inside the units, so I can't recommend a time when they would be a good thing. Magic markers do fine unless you want to buy one the the new printers that print directly on the CD. Dell has them and I'm sure others do too. I don't think that they're too pricey if that's how someone wants to go.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm having the same problem with Disc 2....won't spit it out, won't load it, continues to try even with the car turned off. And it's not a burned CD. It's a purchased CD. And to really make matters worse, I have 41000 miles on it and the dealer won't warranty it. They're going to see if they can get Chrysler to warranty it through "customer service". WHAT CUSTOMER SERVICE???? I hate this car. Had nothing but problems with it since I bought it. I'm hoping the whole stereo thing is handled by next month when I trade the piece of ?&%! in for a Toyota Tacoma.

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
mthompson said:
I'm having the same problem with Disc 2....won't spit it out, won't load it, continues to try even with the car turned off. And it's not a burned CD. It's a purchased CD. And to really make matters worse, I have 41000 miles on it and the dealer won't warranty it. They're going to see if they can get Chrysler to warranty it through "customer service". WHAT CUSTOMER SERVICE???? I hate this car. Had nothing but problems with it since I bought it. I'm hoping the whole stereo thing is handled by next month when I trade the piece of ?&%! in for a Toyota Tacoma.
been there done that, moved on myself

you still here? please go DIAF:eek:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts