Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about the 6 dic cassette radio. I bought mine off of ebay, it looks brand new, everything works great, except that I CANNOT GET A CASSETEE TO GO INTO THE DAMN THING!!!!!! Now I don't really have any cassettes, but I thought that I might try it out just in case I wanted to use an adapter someday, and when I put the cassette in, it goes about halfway and stops. Is there a trick to this thing or is my radio just jammed?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sounds like you were sold (most likely not on a purpose) a damaged/faulty unit. You should just be able to push it in with very little resistance.

Granted, I just ordered this radio off E-bay as well and do not have it yet, but I have used enough radios in the past with cassette's that it should not be that much trouble.

Not sure what you paid on yours, but I bought mine off a guy that lives in Michigan near me, and he sells brand new RAK radio's. Mine was $120 with free shipping, they still have the plastic covering the display. So if you return the one you got, give this guy a try.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...RK:MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=230064259492&rd=1,1

That is what the radio should look like, if the cassette is on the top, I think that is an older version, and maybe the plugs have changed and there might be a wiring problem... I really dont know though, its just a guess.

·
Registered
172 Posts
We have that same radio, but I have no cassettes :) We ended up with that option by mistake, but it's my fault for not seeing the error the night we did the order. I'll probably just pick up a cassette adapter for my iPod :)

Chanda

1 - 3 of 3 Posts