Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 6 disk RAQ i put in in jan (works fine up till yesterday) - brand new in plastic when i bouight it.

I loaded up 6 whole disks of mp3 cds (i use roxio to burn them at full speed - 40x- i was in a rush). late saturday the radio froze in cd mode - it kept playing songs in order but i could not use my steering wheel controls (except volume). shutting the car off and turning it on restored the control. then it did it again today! Is it possible i created a bad disk by burning it that fast? anyone have any tips? it seems to be fine again with store bought audio cds etc.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Well, try burning a disk at lower speeds and see if it makes a difference. If it still does it, it may be the brand of disks you're using. If you find out its not the disks or the speeds you're burning, then I'd say theres somethig wrong with your radio.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I second that....lower you burn speed, and maybe try a different brand of disc. If that doesn't work your unit is possibly bad.:(

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
EXcaliber said:
I second that....lower you burn speed, and maybe try a different brand of disc. If that doesn't work your unit is possibly bad.:(
lol or its a lite-on drive :)

·
Registered
413 Posts
Fingernipp said:
lol or its a lite-on drive :)
LOL......I prefer plextor drives myself!!!!;)

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
lite-on = disposable cd burners. Value wise i guess they are good seeing how they cost less than a spool of cds. You really cant expect them to work great though. Im a plextor guy as well :)

·
Registered
413 Posts
legion said:
i lowered the burn speed and so far so good, btw my cd rw drive is a lite on!!!!!!!

:eek:
LOL... I guess fingernipp hit that one right on the head.:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts