Dodge Caliber Forums banner

41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Re: Spark knock issue is now a full-blown recall!

My caliber was built 5/06. Entered my VIN number and nothing came up. I hear the spark knock on occasions, not often. I am going in Monday for the 1st oil change. Will talk to them and see what they say. Will take the TSB with me in case they say they have no clue what I am talking about.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Re: Emissions Recall: F29 vs. TSB 18-020-06

Took a few more trips tonight still no spark knock... The service report said they just flashed the computer with F29. We (Service and I) were under impression that covered both... (Which it seems like so far considering I haven't had any spark knock). Hmm.... I'll keep monitoring!

·
Registered
976 Posts

MikeyJCaliber said:
Hey,

What is the website you can put ur VIn into to see recalls???
The site is dodge.ca,click owners at the top of the screen.
It is in the submenu andd reqires your vin #.

·
Registered
162 Posts

I was always under the impression that a Recall was suppose to be headache free. :) Looks like Chrysler wants us to work on this one. I have a 2-06 Cali with no sound of the Pinging. I do have the Cali shimmy shake under the front passenger seat so I don't feel too left out. I plan to take mine in at the oil change to get everything done. I enjoy one-stop shopping! :)

·
Registered
197 Posts
I just had this flash done on mine this past monday. Picked up the car tuesday afternoon and about 20 miles down the road, the power steering cut out and then the car cut off competely while accelerating at about 25-30mph. We started the car up right away and it is at the dealer again.

Right after i had the flash, I still had the pinging. Came back ten minutes later. They are saying its not doing it now, so maybe the computer flash worked itself in there, or taught itself whatever it needed to relearn and its fine now. I really hope so. Im so close to trying to get a lemon claim on my car :(

·
Registered
126 Posts
InfernoRedSXT said:
Im so close to trying to get a lemon claim on my car :(
Lemon claims have to be the same issue 3 times in a row, with documented paperwork from the repair facililty that it has been repaired, and it is still failing. Tried this with an 01 Neon, its more of a headache than anything, Maybe you'll have better luck so, YMMV.

·
Registered
197 Posts
yeah...it is there now for the 3rd time getting 'fixed'. Ive found alot of good info on here that im going to print out and pass on about the muffler and the flashes that Im going to take up there w/ me when I get the car tomorrow. I just want my car fixed.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I hope you have good luck with your car. It sucks when you spend so much money on something and don't really get anything in return except the knowledge that every day you deal with your issues your car loses more and more value. I love my Caliber but I expected some issues on a first year/first run vehicle but I am really hoping that Chrysler comes through for all of us owners. I think that the big problem in the Domestic market is that you can normally get better service and response from the Imports (ie. Honda and Toyota). I haven't had any issues with Chrysler yet but I also (knock on wood) don't have alot of these issues with my Caliber.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Re: Spark knock issue is now a full-blown recall!

Xtreme Thunder said:

UPDATE: 7-12-2006

AS BROUGHT TO MY ATTENTION BY "MISTERMARIO" THE FOLLOWING IS NOW THE CURRENT INFORMATION REGARDING THESE ISSUES:

(THIS CAN ALSO BE SEEN IN HIS POST IN POST #48)

Okay, I think I see what they are getting at now - it says TSB #18-020-06 has been cancelled for vehicles built through May 11th. Coincidentally, these are the same vehicles under this recall for the thermostat issue, therefore it would be a logical assumption that any reprogramming included in 18-020-06 is bundled in with F29. Notice it does not say that the TSB is cancelled for any other vehicles outside of the May 11th build date. This leads me to believe that it still applies to any vehicles reporting a spark knock problem. There is no mention of F29 for these other cars because they obviously don't have the thermostat issue.

"Superseded" was probably a poor word choice from my dealer. To say something is superseded implies that it is used in place of all applications. If someone is not having the thermostat programming issue, it makes sense that they only refer to tsb 18-020-06. Why address a thermostat problem that isn't there?

Arrrgh! :mad: I miss the good old days when I could fix my own car. If I was having this problem with my '79 Trans Am, it would've been fixed in 5 minutes. Loosen distributor hold down bolt, rotate distributor slightly clockwise. Retighten. Done.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well I just recieved in the mail today my Recall F29......

Did talk with the service dept about the pinging sound, they hadn't heard anything yet about it. So I guess I need to dig up some old thread and print them out for them...

41 - 60 of 82 Posts