Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all...found this forum to be a wealth of info on the Caliber! Had two quick questions...currently, I drive an 8cyl Grand Cherokee...I love it. Love love love it. Of course, in the interest of saving some bucks at the pump, and trying to be a bit more frugal, I think I'll be downsizing at the end of my lease. So - how hard a transistion do you think it will be going from 8cyl to 4? I know it will take a period of adjustment, but I'm hoping I won't be miserable. I did read some folks who had gone from Rams to the Caliber, so that gives me a lot of hope!

Also - is it true that only the base stereo comes with the aux port? Can you modify the other stereos to plug in an Ipod? I am not really good with that kind of stuff, so I'm hoping it would be something easy (if it's possible). Why on earth would they not have the aux port on all stereos?

Thanks so much for any info!
Lucy

·
Registered
15 Posts
contact metra wire or your local cirucit city. Metra makes a hardwire adapter harness for most model year cars so you can control your IPOD thru your factory radio without having to depend on FM modulation for your sound

·
Registered
143 Posts
The upgraded sound system comes with a 6cd in dash player that is capable of playing both WMA's and MP3's thus eliminating the need to hook your ipod up to it, equalling about 400+ songs you can carry with you in your car. All you need to do is burn your mp3/wma's onto cd's. As for your 8 to 4 cyl question I previously had a 01 Dodge ram with the 5.7 litre V8 in it and I find the caliber to be alot more peppy off the line than my ram was, not to mention the caliber's cornering ability is lightyears ahead of my previous vehicle making it alot more fun to drive than my old ram.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts