Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry for the repost or whatever.

im pretty sure i read somewhere that someone used 9006/h4 hid bulbs in the fog lights without a problem and they mounted something upside down and some other things..lol

can anyone validate this for me.

hands down the best h.i.d. kit available is PROLUMEN.

i have a 3k set sitting right here that i took off my trade in.

If i could get someone to validate this info for me these bad boys are going in in the morning. :)

·
Registered
317 Posts
NO...A 9006 WILL NOT fit.

The bulbs that do fit are the H10 or 9005

I am running 9005 HID bulb in mine currently.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Yea mang, I'm running 9006 6000k HID fogs, and they work like a charm! They are the same connector, just upside down (Black wire hits red, vica-versa). I test fitted them @ a local HID shop, flipped it over, plugged it in and it works like a charm, no CEL, no flicker, no extra resistors or **** needed (had 'em in since July, no problems at all!). I zip tied the connectors together, just incase...

If you're nervous about them not working, you can just take out 3 screws from your wheel well, peel back the plastic and you can EASILY reach the fogs right there, I did it in the parking lot of the shop to make sure it'd work, I didn't want to risk spending the cash and have them not work. Just disconect the factory, plug 'em in so red hits red (duh), turn 'em on, crack a beer, enjoy!

[sits and waits for the unbelievers to chime in :bigthumb:]

·
Registered
556 Posts
im watching this one.

·
Registered
274 Posts
this may sound like a dumb question, but why not use a h10 hid bulb? why bother using a 9005? for the lx cars, we're all running h10 hid bulbs.

·
Registered
762 Posts
well speaking of bulbs...can anyone suggest a really good bulb that will fit oe houseing that is really bright with hint of blue???i have the nokya yellow headlights and i am not liking them anymore...

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
uhh they just kinda fit dude lol....
the bumps on the fitment are just alittle off, you (or I at least) could tork it in with alittle finesse. hmmmm.... i seriously didn't really think about it, just plugged, they worked, I slid 'em in, haha...
sorry dude, try monkeying around with it a bit, it should slide in :wave:

good luck :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All of them will fit, the base is almost identical.

note...

u could get past the 3 pieces that stick out. but the actual Base of the bulb is too big. its far too round....the stock bulbs base u can see is much smaller..hence letting the bulb itself sit far in enough that u could twist it and lock it in...

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
weird, the base of my bulbs were very small, fit in fine, just the 3 plastic tabs had to be "perswaded" into position, but once in, the O ring sealed and they look/work great....

are you saying the base of the HID bulb is too big to fit in the bulb spot? Strange... if it wasn't feezing cold outside I'd rip it apart and grab you a photo of my set up, but you might have to wait till the spring.... I really wanna rip my fascia off and fix my resistors on my LED turns, theyre not workin no more, double fast blink FTL

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
the 'guy' i bought 'em off (works @ a local shop) just pulled them outta his truck, said they were 9006 bulbs, (had 9006 stickers on em), but hell, ya never know.... i can grab a shot of the case/bulb protectors that say 9006, but that wont do ya much good...
****, sorry to hear its not workin dude, i hate giving poor advice :icon_flaming:
worked like a charm for me, bulbs slide right into the housing no fuss, just alittle plastic perswasion and the 3 plastic clips went into place
good luck!! :bigthumb: (or EBAY FTMFW!)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts