Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people, I got my caliber SXT yestoday afternoon and had a fun drive last night. After I parked the car back home I saw a lot of water coming down from the bottom of the car and soon a stream of water flooded down the driveway. Water was gone this morning and I did a test. I started the car without turning on the air condition and didn't see any water drops in ten minutes. Then as soon as I turned on the ac water started coming down and soon it looked just like ... peeing:eek:. I mean, a couple of wate drops caused by ac is fine but this much water really makes me concerned. Does anybody see anaything similar?:confused: Thank you.

·
Registered
182 Posts
100% normal! Just the water leaking off of the air conditioning tubing. All vehicles are the same. Some evaporate better before hitting the ground due to better engineering. But....not to say the engineering is bad on the Cali, just that there is no reason to do so! Who cares if water pools underneath?! I have a GMC Express 2500 for work, looks like a lake underneath in minutes of running the ac. So, no worries....all is normal with yer Cali!
Cheers!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I know it's normal now. But do all calibers do the same, or does the situation varies individually?

·
Registered
285 Posts
CaliberXL said:
Thanks guys. I know it's normal now. But do all calibers do the same, or does the situation varies individually?
Most vehicles do this. How much depends on the effeciency of the A/C system and the amount of humidity in the ambient air around the condenser.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Every time I drove a Suburban or our 15 passenger E350's with rear A/C a puddle would appear by the rear wheel when parked. Someone would always come up to me saying there was a leak. I'd just pull out my lighter and tell them I had better check to make sure it wasn't gas. Before I could turn around they were gone.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
xlimodriver said:
Every time I drove a Suburban or our 15 passenger E350's with rear A/C a puddle would appear by the rear wheel when parked. Someone would always come up to me saying there was a leak. I'd just pull out my lighter and tell them I had better check to make sure it wasn't gas. Before I could turn around they were gone.
Hey... I remember YOU! :eek: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Let me make the question more direct. How much water does YOUR DODGE CALIBER drop while air condition is on?

A. Barely noticible.
B. A small puddle on ground.
C. A big pool or a running river.

(Maybe we can make it a poll)

·
Registered
683 Posts
The higher the humidity, the more water you'll get. Most of my cars create rather large puddles.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Both the wife's and my Calibers leave a pretty good size puddle after running the air. It's been hot and humid here in So Cal so we've been running the air full on. They even had a problem and TSB for the Dodge Magnum Hemi where the AC drain water was getting into the transmission through a bad seal. Cost DCX a bundle to repair, flush and refill.

·
Registered
203 Posts
CaliberXL said:
Let me make the question more direct. How much water does YOUR DODGE CALIBER drop while air condition is on?

A. Barely noticible.
B. A small puddle on ground.
C. A big pool or a running river.

(Maybe we can make it a poll)
You can't really compare your car to the cars of other people in different parts of the country/world. It all depends on how hot it it, and how humid it is as to how much of a puddle is made. My Caliber makes a pretty good puddle in San Diego where it's been hot and humid lately. I would think that is a sign of a good working A/C. The A/C in my Dakota doesn't blow as cold and doesn't make as much water.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I guess my Isuzu Rodeo is in the A category. I have never seen any puddle on the floor under mine, and I've had the AC on continuously now for about 6 weeks. Good to know that it's normal so I don't panic hehe..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Relax Bro...take into account also that the last few months have been the hottest, most humid in the history of recorder history (Well close anyway) It is sick hot and humind outside. Watch one of your buddies who wears glasses walk outside from an air conditioned building, he will be wiping his glasses down for sure...now think of the icy cold A/C lines in your calibur doing the same thing...constantly...and much colder...I would take it as a sign the your A/C is working exceptionally well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Akaeding said:
I would take it as a sign the your A/C is working exceptionally well.
It's true. Weather is hot and humid and the A/C chills down real quick:cool:. It's about time to take my baby out for another pee.:p

·
Registered
135 Posts
I will have to go with B on this. My Freestar and Civic SI do about the same. I see it getting worse the more humid the weather is though.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts