Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All! I am a new Caliber owner!!! I have a Solar Yellow R/T, and I love it so far! They were pushing me to buy a "used" one...it was a white R/T fully-loaded. A girl bought it, turned it in one week later with 2K miles on it and decided it was not for her....shady. I am thinking about having the graphics removed, I feel like it cheapens it. I trded in y 2002 Ford Escape, I am already saving $130 per month in payments and I am hoping to save on gas as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yeah take the graphics off and then tint the windows!! Looks nice though!!! I didnt think yellow would look that nice when I saw one in the brochoure (sp) but I have seen them in person and they look sweet!

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!!

·
Registered
911 Posts
Ugh...Yellow...

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
153 Posts
The yellow looks great. I would remove the graphics also and tint the windows. It would look awesome.

The yellow must have not been a good seller since they no longer offer that color.

Later

Mike

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
RTDani-Sue said:
Hello All! I am a new Caliber owner!!! I have a Solar Yellow R/T, and I love it so far! They were pushing me to buy a "used" one...it was a white R/T fully-loaded. A girl bought it, turned it in one week later with 2K miles on it and decided it was not for her....shady. I am thinking about having the graphics removed, I feel like it cheapens it. I trded in y 2002 Ford Escape, I am already saving $130 per month in payments and I am hoping to save on gas as well.
Welcome to Caliberforums!:):):)

The Caliber looks nice in Yellow, yeah, take offthe graphics!:)

FtK Shadow said:
The yellow must have not been a good seller since they no longer offer that color.
DCX only listed it as Limited Availability, from what I hear, it was a great seller and many had to change from Solar Yellow to another color when they stopped it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
FtK Shadow said:
The yellow looks great. I would remove the graphics also and tint the windows. It would look awesome.

Later

Mike

When I talked to my dealer about a week ago he told me he was getting a yellow Caliber in around the 28th if I was interested in yellow. I really want the red, but have been thinking about it. Did they stop making yellow completely? If so how is he having a yellow one delivered and would this be a 06 and not 07?

·
Registered
911 Posts
I saw a Solar Yellow Caliber today. Looks just as bad in a picture as it does in person. A waste of $150 if you ask me.... FUGLY LOOKING!

·
Registered
911 Posts
REDspeedwagon said:
When I talked to my dealer about a week ago he told me he was getting a yellow Caliber in around the 28th if I was interested in yellow. I really want the red, but have been thinking about it. Did they stop making yellow completely? If so how is he having a yellow one delivered and would this be a 06 and not 07?
Solar Yellow was just a limited availability color. Its not longer available. The dealer probably ordered it before the June 5th, which is when it was no longer available for order. Good thing it is...it looks like crap!

It was basically replaced with Light Khaki Metallic.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Congrats, looks awesome!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey Orangecalibersxt....I LOVE my solar yellow color. It is so bright and cheery, you can't help but smile when you look at it!! It sounds to me you could use some cheering up, why so rude/negative? That is not nice.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I'm not rude and negative, I'm just honest. I just think Yellow is the ugliest color on earth for any car. To me it looks like shit! Sorry if that came across as rude, just speaking my mind, something not everyone does here.

There are 2 colors I hate on the Caliber, one is obviously Solar Yellow, and the other is Marine Blue. They both look like girl colors to me. :D

Enjoy your Caliber! If it makes you happy then thats great. You're the one making the payments and driving it everyday.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I wish I knew there was a Kaki Green...I would have LOVED that color!!!!! We had someone in the other day with that color and I was saying what a nice color it was... darn! Oh well...

·
Registered
911 Posts
Huh? Kaki Green?

*confuses the hell out of me* :D

·
Registered
129 Posts
I just my bought my 2007 SXT Caliber(Sunburst Orange) a little over a week ago. LOVE IT!!!! A little over 400 miles on it. Getting the windows tinted as I speak. Can't wait to get it back later. I have had no problems so far. I do not like the center armrest not locking, but that is about it.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I think if you like the yellow I'm glad you got it. Marine blue a girl color? I'm a woman and it's good for me. :) I saw for the first time another sxt in blue so I've seen on the road yellow sunburst orange and Marine blue.

PS a man was driving that...

·
Registered
911 Posts
Must have been his wife's car. No man would get a Marine Blue car.... :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts