Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me start by saying i was very impressed with the fit and finish of this piece. It matches very nicely and was very easy to put in. I didnt know at first how easily visible the gauges would be while driving, but i can say now that where it puts the gauges and faces them, it makes them more readable then the boost gauge in my opinion. the only negative thing i can say about this piece, is the fact that the screw is exposed. but thats no biggie. oh and the scangauge is amazing. im having so much fun with it right now.

·
Premium Member
2,459 Posts
Let me start by saying i was very impressed with the fit and finish of this piece. It matches very nicely and was very easy to put in. I didnt know at first how easily visible the gauges would be while driving, but i can say now that where it puts the gauges and faces them, it makes them more readable then the boost gauge in my opinion. the only negative thing i can say about this piece, is the fact that the screw is exposed. but thats no biggie. oh and the scangauge is amazing. im having so much fun with it right now.
Congrats on your purchase! It looks good.

You'll love the scangauge - its lots of fun

·
Premium Member
2,459 Posts
You probably could paint the head of the screw to match the pillar, that way it wouldn't be so noticeable.

·
Banned
1,211 Posts

HOLY CRAP....what's that big screw in the picture??? jk, looks AWESOME.... I'm going to order that now

how long did it take for you to do it all?

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
I think the screw there is ghey but it's necessary. If they tried to mimic the stock mounting + clips needed you'd be paying twice as much for the part. Get some paint at the local store, just dab some primer on the screw first then put the matching paint after.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HOLY CRAP....what's that big screw in the picture??? jk, looks AWESOME.... I'm going to order that now

how long did it take for you to do it all?

total time including hooking and wiring the scangauge should take you no more then 15 minutes. it really is that easy. far simpler then what i anticipated. the hardest part is fishing the wire up through the dash, and i found the easiest way to do it is with a string and old antenna. lol.

·
Banned
1,211 Posts
total time including hooking and wiring the scangauge should take you no more then 15 minutes. it really is that easy. far simpler then what i anticipated. the hardest part is fishing the wire up through the dash, and i found the easiest way to do it is with a string and old antenna. lol.
Thanks buddy for the response.... Makes me want to get one even faster!:bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
anytime. ive been extremely picky so far when it comes to this car. so when i give it my stamp of approval, it is well worth the money! lol

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i havent decided what im going to do yet. paint sounds like the easiest, but like i said, i dont even pay enough attention to it when im in the car. im too busy looking at the gauge. lol

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
We had the option to use a black screw, or a nickel covered screw, and we decided to use the chrome screw.

I know it may not look like the best option, but the other option, of making a recessed hole, and making a special cover for it like the factory would have been MUCH MORE expensive.

To be able to offer you guys a color matched, good fitting pod for $74 in my opinion is a excellent all around product, and great price !

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
We had the option to use a black screw, or a nickel covered screw, and we decided to use the chrome screw.

I know it may not look like the best option, but the other option, of making a recessed hole, and making a special cover for it like the factory would have been MUCH MORE expensive.

To be able to offer you guys a color matched, good fitting pod for $74 in my opinion is a excellent all around product, and great price !
I agree...the screw is an easy fix anyways!!

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

you chose the best option i think. nice price. nice piece! i couldnt be happier! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
933 Posts
Question: Will this fit in a stocking?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts