Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I ordered my Caliber SE and I should be getting it soon! :) Dealer said 7-10 days. Now here's my question: I have the standard radio and no cruise control.. would it be possible to add cruise control and the steering wheel audio controls? I never had audio controls on the stereo but I found it very intuitive on my brother's Jeep Grand Cherokee. One more thing though: the Caliber catalog talks about the instrument cluster glowing "ice blue" at night. Can someone please provide me a picture of the instrument panel glowing at night? I thought this sounded like a neat little change from the gross green lighting on my '05 Liberty.

Thanks all,
JnDjIzT316

·
Registered
689 Posts
Two things, first, yes you can add cruise, second, see if you can get an SE with Cruise and Radio Controls already on it. Cruise is available, but might be way more expensive than you want to spend.

But you might be able to add radio controls at the same time (I think you need to remove steering wheel to add cruise), but you need to run wiring (maybe, if not already there), new steering wheel, and of course switches, again maybe too expensive.

So overall, since you haven't purchased yet, I would see if you can get those changes before buying.

And pictures of dash should be in the Picture/Media post section.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
You can add cruise control. Not sure how much it woudl cost, but it is a dealer option you can have them install(sold as a kit through the service counter). As for the steering wheel radio control, not only will you need a completely new steering wheel, but you will also have to get the upgraded radio head unit. And not sure if the wiring will be in the steering column for the controls.

As for the guages, I wouldn't call it an ice blue. They pretty much look the same at night as they do during the day. White. Kinda like a white indiglo look. Not blue, just white.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Every radio unit can have the radio controls, from the base to top of the line unit, they all work with the steering wheel switches.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
...One more thing though: the Caliber catalog talks about the instrument cluster glowing "ice blue" at night. Can someone please provide me a picture of the instrument panel glowing at night? I thought this sounded like a neat little change from the gross green lighting on my '05 Liberty...
I know I posted the pictures below here before, but can't find the exact thread(s) at the moment:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts