Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked mine up yesterday and it is a inferno red SXT Sport. I did not notice this until I got home, but I thought the sport had the black pillars bars near the windows (B-pillars)?? Mine are the same color as the rest of the car??

·
Registered
17 Posts
What other Sport options did you get? There is the base SXT and then there is a step up to the SXT Sport. It should have blacked out pillars if it is a sport.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is a SXT Sport with the colored inserts on the seats and dashboard. It has the auto trans and ABS and cruise control and 2.0L engine. No other opions really.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I thought all SXT Sports had the blacked-out pillars too - but there were some discussion threads a few months ago about a lot of confusion with continued availability of the SXT Sport and changes in the Sport package listings, especially an apparent “name change” for the package itself.

http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2743

Apparently, the blackout panels are available as separate parts from a dealer, and other folks have recommended alternate solutions to get a blackout look on the panels as well:

http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=593

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wow, that's really interesting that there seems to be so much inconsistency. My Sport came with the following upgrades: aluminum wheels, fog lights, blackout tape, colored inserts & dash, and body color grille. Maybe you can talk the dealer into hooking you up with the blackout tape.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I stopped in at a dealership (not were I purchased mine), this morning on my way into work. They had a silver SXT Sport Caliber. It had silver pillars on it and not black. Production change to save money??

·
Registered
687 Posts
If your talking about the upper b-post cover where the pass/driver side seatbelt comes from I've never seen it black. I've only seen it off-white like the headliner.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
IBUILDCALIBERSUAW1268 said:
If your talking about the upper b-post cover where the pass/driver side seatbelt comes from I've never seen it black. I've only seen it off-white like the headliner.

No, talking about the outside of the car, the pillars that run between the side windows.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts