A Very Unwanted body MOD. My boss hit my car

4K views 23 replies 17 participants last post by  InfernoRedSXT 
#1 ·
sorry i haven't been around for a while. Check out what happened yesterday

See less See more
#2 ·
Ouch..sorry to see that.

#6 ·
ask him if your caliber qualifies for workers comp!

seriously, stevo is right, how do you miss a 3000lbs bright yellow mass on wheels?

#7 ·
stevo said:
Is your boss color blind or something??!! How the heck do you run into a big yellow Caliber??! Tell your boss I think he is a moron.
Yes indeed, I'll second that.....Boss ! your a moron !

Are you sure that your Boss was not jealous of your Yellow Caliber?:mad:

btw, We can't buy yellow Calis in the UK, So I consider it to be a rare colour :p lol.

#8 ·
It appears to be mostly limited to the bumper. If that's the case, then it's actually good news (as good as an accident can be), since repairs won't be too extensive.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. The first scratch on any new car is always the hardest one to accept, and your's is one doozy of a scratch.

#9 ·
wow, you and your calibers! I'm so sorry to see that. I hope you get it fixed quickly.

#10 ·
Well, it certainly looks like he hit your bumper with quite a bit of force. When I gently backed into a chevy truck the impact only put a dent in my rear bumper on the right/passenger side as well. The good news is that a new rear bumper only takes a half-day to a day to put on. The bad news is insurance companies are never quick to admit fault or get on the ball to pay for damages. Believe me, I know from experience. That really sucks man!!! I can't believe that your boss actually hit your BRIGHT YELLOW Caliber!!! Well, good luck with everything and I'm sorry to hear about your car.

#11 ·
I find it a little funny that ever post that refers to my boss's sex assumes it is a man. Come on if we are going to be sexeiest here lets get it right. (at the rist of starting an argument, but feeling like i need a little amusment) Do you really think this could have been done by a man? This was done by my FEMALE boss, who is about 5feet 4in tall and insists on driving the biggest cars our dealerships have. This particular time I think it was a GMC denali. I work for an auto group and she is one of the daughters of the owners. She also happens to be my companys laywr... The car was in the parking lot when she hit it. She drove right into it, said she didn't know why her car stopped, so he hit the gas again and it only moved a little bit. She then leaned forward a little and saw my car. My car needs: A lower bumper bar, new bumper cover, New taillight, New mudflap, new right rear quater pannel, and I think thats it. They won't completely know untill they get it appart on tuesday. We also own two bodyshops, so we are having it taken car of without ins companies.

#13 ·
First of all, why assume that the boss is a MALE???

Not implying anything about "female drivers", etc - just that it is omitted information so far... :eek: :p

Second, opportunity knocks.

This is an ideal time to approach the boss and ask him/her:

"Hey boss, how about that raise and promotion?" :D :rolleyes:

#14 ·
boyblu said:
lol, thats funny, small woman and big cars. well at least you know the car will be taken care of since it will be fixed at your place of business.
Sounds like an ex of mine with his big trucks... Exactly 5'4" he was like me hmm; but he did have better driving skills.

#15 ·
playB0Y42 said:
I find it a little funny that ever post that refers to my boss's sex assumes it is a man. Come on if we are going to be sexeiest here lets get it right. (at the rist of starting an argument, but feeling like i need a little amusment) Do you really think this could have been done by a man? This was done by my FEMALE boss, who is about 5feet 4in tall and insists on driving the biggest cars our dealerships have. This particular time I think it was a GMC denali. I work for an auto group and she is one of the daughters of the owners. She also happens to be my companys laywr... The car was in the parking lot when she hit it. She drove right into it, said she didn't know why her car stopped, so he hit the gas again and it only moved a little bit. She then leaned forward a little and saw my car. My car needs: A lower bumper bar, new bumper cover, New taillight, New mudflap, new right rear quater pannel, and I think thats it. They won't completely know untill they get it appart on tuesday. We also own two bodyshops, so we are having it taken car of without ins companies.
OK, now I see it - looks like you were posting that while I was composing and entering MY response.

By the way it is "sexist", not "sexeiest". Not that I usually point out typos, but that looks too much like "sexiest", which would probably require in-person contact and impressions among all of us to determine. (NOTE: I would probably finish in SECOND place among the guys. All the rest of them would tie for FIRST :eek: :rolleyes: ).

And she's a LAWYER? Heh-heh... your neck hurts, doesn't it? You WERE sitting in the Caliber at the time weren't you? After all, she didn't see the CAR, so she didn't see YOU either, did she?...

Oops, just thinking like an attorney. I'm not licensed to practice in your state. ;) :cool:

#19 ·
Men vs. women drivers: My wife has been in about twice as many accidents as I have. The difference is, all of her accidents resulted in a dent that was repaired, all of my accidents resulted in vehicles that are "totaled" and beyond repair.

I'm still not sure which is worse, six minor accidents, or three major ones.

#20 ·
playB0Y42 said:
She drove right into it, said she didn't know why her car stopped, so he hit the gas again and it only moved a little bit.
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!! What a complete idiot! And that person is an attorney??? That's scary. How in the world did she graduate, being so dim?

Seriously, that person is dangerous. Anyone with half-a-brain will think about the situation and wonder why the vehicle stopped. That's what separates humans from animals... people use reason... or so I thought.

Hope you get a quick & quality repair for your Caliber playB0Y42.

#21 ·
Wow...the best of all worlds.

1.You boss hit your vehicle...and you and others know it.
2.You work at an auto group so all the work will be done through them.
3.No insurance company will be involved to slow down the work progress.
4.I'll bet doughnuts to dollars that you'll get an equivalent or higher grade loaner car from the dealership while the work is being done.
5.You will not have to inquire about the progress of the job. I'm betting that yours went to the top of the list.

Cool. That's the way to have an accident!

One more thing... Did that computer in the back of your vehicle get damaged. Looks like it did ;) and should be replaced by....let's see...an ALIENWARE model...highend. :cool:

Thanks for sharing. Male or female boss...who cares. This person is the boss and CLEARLY at fault.:eek:

. Tyke .

#22 ·
playB0Y42 said:
Okay, I'm sorry I assumed your boss was a man. I do have to say though, that I honestly can say that a lot of SUVs are so obnoxiously huge that I can understand her not seeing your car. And, a guy could have hit it just as well as a woman could. Everyone makes mistakes, male or female. Also, I believe that men can be just as bad of drivers as women and that accidents can happen anytime and anywhere.

#23 ·
A few years ago, my boss hit my car and denied it.:mad:

I priced Caliber bumpers a few days ago, and it looks like a $400 part.

#24 ·
That sucks!! that bumper looks like it really got hit hard to just break off like that?

In July, I was leaving my boyfriend's house pretty late at night and His sister parked off to the side behind me. Ironically, she has a neon also (I have a neon too) and I couldnt see it out of the big blind spot in the rear of the car, though I looked before I got in and I backed into her car. Her car had to have the bumper repainted (couldnt be blended) and it broke her headlight bracket. Mine just needs repainting...it didnt bend or break, just scratched really badly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.