Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I ordered my New Sunburst Orange Dodge Caliber on April 22 2006. Since then i have been checking this forum out to ready myself for not only my first NEW CAR purchase....but keep me from going crazy from the wait! I am in Edmonton, Alberta Canada. I will be in and out of these forums from here on in bettering my knowledge of this awesome car, but to help out with others with questions as well! I just received an email from my salesman today with a pickup date of May 20 2006!! I am getting an SXT with the sport package 24E/Full bore BA Soundsystem/CVT II/Speed cont./Heated Seats/Driver conv. package! I would just like this time to say "Hey...what's up" to all here and from here on in....i am "UMF"! Thanks to all who are here that answered pretty much all of my questions so far!! I do have a concern though. I can't decide if i should get the dealer to tint my windows or a pro tint shop??!! Any advice?

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
umf said:
So I ordered my New Sunburst Orange Dodge Caliber on April 22 2006. Since then i have been checking this forum out to ready myself for not only my first NEW CAR purchase....but keep me from going crazy from the wait! I am in Edmonton, Alberta Canada. I will be in and out of these forums from here on in bettering my knowledge of this awesome car, but to help out with others with questions as well! I just received an email from my salesman today with a pickup date of May 20 2006!! I am getting an SXT with the sport package 24E/Full bore BA Soundsystem/CVT II/Speed cont./Heated Seats/Driver conv. package! I would just like this time to say "Hey...what's up" to all here and from here on in....i am "UMF"! Thanks to all who are here that answered pretty much all of my questions so far!! I do have a concern though. I can't decide if i should get the dealer to tint my windows or a pro tint shop??!! Any advice?
Welcome UMF.. i'm in Edmonton, too. Ordered my (2nd) on April 28th, should be on the way soon. Just curious.. where'd you order yours from. I went to Great West. I almost ordred the exact same as you, but steel blue. I accidentally ordered a Marine blue in March before the website fixed the colour mix-up. I'm anxiously awaiting it as my 93 Taurus almost just exploded yesterday (exaggeration.. but i hate that damn car).

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Welcome to Caliberforums.com!! The wait's a bitch...:D

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Boron!
Weather sucks hey! Glad to hear you are getting another...whoahh....2! I got mine from Crosstown. Originally was at Southtown....did not like the salesman....so i went to where i was treated right! Never went to Great West...but hear they are great there too! I have a 91 Suzuki sidekick with over 350K on it....ready for the boneyard! Cant't wait for 18 days to go by i tells ya!

·
Registered
60 Posts
umf said:
Hey Boron!
Weather sucks hey! Glad to hear you are getting another...whoahh....2! I got mine from Crosstown. Originally was at Southtown....did not like the salesman....so i went to where i was treated right! Never went to Great West...but hear they are great there too! I have a 91 Suzuki sidekick with over 350K on it....ready for the boneyard! Cant't wait for 18 days to go by i tells ya!
Heh.. i thought I worded that poorly. I'm not getting two. I ordered one, and it was the wrong colour, which I found out a month later, so I ordered another. I almost took the first one (marine blue) just cause it arrived a month earlier.. but the steel blue looks so much better.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry about that...my bad too! Yah, good call on the color though! You might as well have something you like 100% or at least as close to as possible than regret a decision! I took a chance with the Sunburst Orange,..not my first choice. But after seeing one in reality...i like it!

·
Registered
361 Posts
umf said:
You might as well have something you like 100% or at least as close to as possible than regret a decision!
That's so true. I'm super tempted by a Marine Blue R/T with all of the options except leather seats. The coloured inserts look good, but when it comes down to it, I'd really rather wait a few weeks and get leather seats.... Knowing the car is there waiting is killing me though, even with out the leather! :)

·
Registered
384 Posts
Congrats! I ordered mine on April 19th and I STILL don't have an arrival date!! I think I will give Mr. Salesman a call. He did tell me, though, that any cars ordered, I think after April 12th, wouldn't be built until June since that was the deadline for May production so how are you getting yours so soon? Did you pick a car to buy that they already had on order? Or am I being lied to? Thanks ;)

·
Registered
384 Posts
bowman19 said:
I ordered an SXT on April 10th and have yet to receive a build date. The waiting wouldn't be nearly as bad if I had an idea on this. The unknown is the difficult part.
I know!! Agh! If I just had a set date, or round about, I could count down or something. It would make me feel a little better.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey all!
When i ordered my car it already had a production number etc. It was on the salesman's list from the factory. He just sent me an email the other day with updated info that it will be shipped to him on April 11 2006 and it will take 10 days for delivery. Hopefully yours may be on the same truck to Edmonton!!!!!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Ok... So are you a voyeur? You make no mention of this in your intro?

Am I the only one to catch this? lol

Tiff

·
Registered
901 Posts
muzzysgirl said:
Ok... So are you a voyeur? You make no mention of this in your intro?
Am I the only one to catch this? lol
Tiff
maybe he's been a lurker that decided to register and speak up? (heh. gotta think of all the minors on the forum....)

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
No, I was wondering about that too, just never asked...:D

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ha ha!
What i meant was that i have been reading and not speaking to anybody. Came to the point of a date of getting my car and i decided to join the club formally and introduce myself. No...not a voyeur in the sense of lurking in your backyards in your windows! Although i have to admit i have been looking through many Dodge Caliber windows lately!! Thanks for the good laugh guys!!
Cheers!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Very cool. Just making sure I didn't need to pull the shades at night. ;)

Glad you spoke up!

Tiff

1 - 20 of 21 Posts