Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was just released on December 22nd. Looks like we'll be takin the calibers in for a service job! Yay!

Recalls Summary​
Make / Models : Model/Build Years: CHRYSLER / 300 2007
CHRYSLER / SEBRING 2007
DODGE / CALIBER 2007
DODGE / CHARGER 2007
DODGE / MAGNUM 2007
DODGE / NITRO 2007
JEEP / COMMANDER 2007
JEEP / COMPASS 2007
JEEP / GRAND CHEROKEE 2007
JEEP / LIBERTY 2007
JEEP / WRANGLER 2007

Recall Number: 06V493000

Summary: ON CERTAIN VEHICLES, THE ANTILOCK BRAKE SYSTEM (ABS) CONTROL MODULE SOFTWARE MAY CAUSE THE REAR BRAKES TO LOCK UP DURING CERTAIN BRAKING CONDITIONS.

Consequence: THIS COULD RESULT IN A LOSS OF VEHICLE CONTROL AND CAUSE A CRASH WITHOUT WARNING.

Remedy: DEALERS WILL REPROGRAM THE ABS ELECTRONIC CONTROL UNIT. THE RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING FEBRUARY 2007. OWNERS MAY CONTACT DAIMLERCHRYSLER AT 1-800-853-1403.

Notes: DAIMLERCHRYSLER RECALL NO. F50. CUSTOMERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION’S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I work at a Honda Dealership and a woman I work withs husband is a service manager at a Dodge dealership in NJ. She called him for me and they know nothing about this. He said what happens is that the media gets it and then about a week later the dealerships get there info. This didn't seem right to me because you would think they would be flooded with calls asking about it, so I asked out Honda rep and he basically said the same thing. Does anyone have any info? Does it effect all Calibers or only certain build dates??

thanks!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The info we have is what's posted above. I would assume most (if not all) calibers producted to date will be affected by the recall.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I took my caliber in today for the recall, told me the same thing about "I never heard anything of this yet. The media got it and flood out the information.

I also took in my car for a squeaking sound coming from the rear drums, its fix but started around 5k miles on the car??...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts