Dodge Caliber Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
12am said:
well it's kinda hard to explain it's mostly a feel thing, but here goes.. push down moderately slow and even till you feel a little bit of resistance (around 1/4 of pedal travel). then speed up with constant pressure until the pedal reaches the floor. I found that works the best for me when it comes to launching. I have also found that on the 2.0 if you start in L and launch with that then slide into D at around 50-60km/h you can shave a lil time off your 0-60 time.. not sure that is the best thing for the tranny tho.
Alright sounds like it makes sense. The resistance in the pedal I have felt before. I wonder why they made it so mashing the throttle results in slower acceleration?

12am said:
From the feedback I've read about the autostick the shifts are so smooth and quick you will hardly notice them. Hope that helps.
From what I have heard, the shifts are pretty quick, which is good. Someone also said that the rpm's stay relativly high (only drop to 4000rpm) on the upshift. That keeps you right in the powerband and moving along as quickly as possible:D Can't wait for my R/T, getting it broke in, and whoopin' some ass! I am hoping by the time I get it (forever from now it seems) some good aftermarket parts will be availible. I would really like to put a new CAI and CAT on my Caliber after the break-in period. I know Mopar has stuff, but their products = $$$.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
dianicess said:
I'll be going to upstate NY this weekend, so I'll be doing a combo of highway and mountainous local roads..................
Where abouts will you be if you don't mind? I am in that area, but upstate NY could mean anything from Poughkeepsie to Plattsburg!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Xtreme Thunder said:
Where abouts will you be if you don't mind? I am in that area, but upstate NY could mean anything from Poughkeepsie to Plattsburg!
I will be in Middleburgh, NY which is in Schoharie County. My mom lives there and my dad lives in Cobleskill. Where are you?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have researched the Caliber against numerous 4 cylinder 3000 lb. cars, and the one that stands out is the Toyota Camry. It is suppose to be the #1 selling car in America. I wonder how it does with it's 2.4 liter 160 hp motor? I mean, is the Caliber any worse on performance then the Camry? I've never driven one, nor do I know any one with one. Just curious. So far I like the CVT trans and how they mated the torque mid range. Feels more like a v6 above 30 mph. (albeit highway, and town fairly level roads).

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.