Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the enclosed Car and Driver article got me thinking:

http://www.caranddriver.com/previews/10907/preview-review-2007-dodge-caliber-srt4-page3.html
With the on-sale date still about a year away, the SRT boys are reticent about possible “stage” kits, other than to admit there will be one or more, and that a bigger turbo will be part of the plan. Over 5200 owners of first-gen SRT4s opted for stage kits, so like the SRT4 renewal itself, it’s a business opportunity the company can’t ignore. As for the possibility of renewing the ACR (American Club Racing) package, Helbig will admit only that it’s “a very good question.”
When do you think we will know if there will be an ACR model available? I wouldn't want to rush in an order in early 07 for a Caliber SRT4 without knowing if there will/won't be an ACR version and what it might look like spec wise/price point etc.

How long into the lifecycle was the previous SRT4 before the ACR version was announced? What do you think they would change on the SRT4? My guess would be similar, smaller and light wheels and tires, lower/firmer ride etc. CF roof like the M6 would be sweet, but I wouldn't count on it lol.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Unoriginalusername said:
So the enclosed Car and Driver article got me thinking:

http://www.caranddriver.com/previews/10907/preview-review-2007-dodge-caliber-srt4-page3.html

When do you think we will know if there will be an ACR model available? I wouldn't want to rush in an order in early 07 for a Caliber SRT4 without knowing if there will/won't be an ACR version and what it might look like spec wise/price point etc.

How long into the lifecycle was the previous SRT4 before the ACR version was announced? What do you think they would change on the SRT4? My guess would be similar, smaller and light wheels and tires, lower/firmer ride etc. CF roof like the M6 would be sweet, but I wouldn't count on it lol.
The SRT-4 Neon ran from mid 2003 model year through the 2005 model year. The ACR did not come out until late in the 2005 model year. Very few were produced, as it was only available for order for 3 or 4 months. The ACR had no more power than the standard model. It included BBS 16" wheels, Performance Seats with pass-thru slots, and adjustable suspension.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
would you buy a near 30k SRT4 if it had a light weight 17 or 18" wheel and tire package, drilled and slotted rotar Brembo brake package from the SRT8, coil over springs, sways, noise material reduction for weight savings, carbon fiber roof (ala BMW M6) to help with the top heavyness, CAI, Header, Exhaust, and a larger turbo/ECU upgrade (maybe around 350+HP) with maybe some sportier interior upgrades all from the factory or is that to specialized to appeal to the average consumer.

Assuming CND list is going to be around 25K or 22KUSD, I would pay around 30k CND for the above given that a loaded SI or GTI which are realatively slow by comparision are around 30k anyways (CND) I would be all for an up the ante SRT4 that would be even further into a different performance league. Maybe special colours like metalic grey and white with the rims in a gunmetal too.... anyone else like the idea? Kind of like the limited edition STI... only 800 units available

1 - 3 of 3 Posts