Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I have a Caliber SE, no bells nor whistles. So I'm stuck with manual windows, locks, no power outlet, and no neato-cool flashlight. So I'm wondering...

Looking in the collision section at dodgeparts.com .. I found the flashlight for use in the Caliber, but I was wondering if it was as simple as just removing the old dome light assembly in my caliber and replacing it with the flashlight assy.

In addition to that, I would like to add the 115V power outlet. There is a removable cap where the power outlet would be on my Caliber so I'm thinking installation shouldn't be too complicated. The only problem is that the outlet is sold on dodgeparts.com for about $22 but I don't think thats all there is to it. I mean, its seems as though only the actual outlet is for sale and it looks like it might need some type of inverter. If anybody knows or can take a peek at the power outlet assy, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys,

Johnny

·
Registered
414 Posts
Hey all,

I have a Caliber SE, no bells nor whistles. So I'm stuck with manual windows, locks, no power outlet, and no neato-cool flashlight. So I'm wondering...

Looking in the collision section at dodgeparts.com .. I found the flashlight for use in the Caliber, but I was wondering if it was as simple as just removing the old dome light assembly in my caliber and replacing it with the flashlight assy.

In addition to that, I would like to add the 115V power outlet. There is a removable cap where the power outlet would be on my Caliber so I'm thinking installation shouldn't be too complicated. The only problem is that the outlet is sold on dodgeparts.com for about $22 but I don't think thats all there is to it. I mean, its seems as though only the actual outlet is for sale and it looks like it might need some type of inverter. If anybody knows or can take a peek at the power outlet assy, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys,

Johnny
I just had my console off to install a 12V plug in the back of it. There is a wire harness that comes from the front of the Caliber that connects to the plug for 110V. I would almost bet that you need an convertor installed in the Caliber and a wireharness that would bring the power from the front.

·
Registered
413 Posts
It may be too much work for all it's worth. although others may be different, but I have yet to use the 110 outlet, and next to never the flashlight. I haven't seen what the light without the flashlight looks like, so not too sure whether a conversion is possible.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I actually use the flashlight a lot, but it seems to not hold a charge very well, which is kind of a bummer. The power outlet I only used the first 2 weeks i had the car, havent even looked at it since.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts