Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be getting a Caliber in the next week or so (im going to the dealer on Sat, but they only have 1 and I don't want it :) ) Anyway I have Sirius in my Current car, and couldn't live without it. It seems just from searching inventories online at different dealers, that Sirius isn't a very popular option, and Im afraid it will be hard to find. Im going to be leasing and the special they are running, I must take delivery by July 5, which doesn't leave much time for special orders, especially since im taking a vacation in a week. So anyway is it possible for the dealer to install Sirius, or does it have to be factory installed? I could just get a portable tuner or something, but I really wan't it intergrated if possible.

Thanks

·
Registered
285 Posts
The dealer should be able to install it. There's a Mopar Part number for all the components needed. Nothing is really new for the Sirius unit to be installed in DCX cars. Just call the parts/service dept. and talk to them directly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RobMR3 said:
The dealer should be able to install it. There's a Mopar Part number for all the components needed. Nothing is really new for the Sirius unit to be installed in DCX cars. Just call the parts/service dept. and talk to them directly.
I just did some searches and found a few that are exactally what I want, but there in NC, and im in VA, can the dealer trade and get one of them, or something, or how complicated is it for me to lease a car in a different state?

·
Registered
285 Posts
todd2000 said:
I just did some searches and found a few that are exactally what I want, but there in NC, and im in VA, can the dealer trade and get one of them, or something, or how complicated is it for me to lease a car in a different state?
Again, call the dealers. Only they can give you a definite answer on what they can and can't do.

·
Registered
245 Posts
todd2000 said:
I am going to be getting a Caliber in the next week or so (im going to the dealer on Sat, but they only have 1 and I don't want it :) ) Anyway I have Sirius in my Current car, and couldn't live without it. It seems just from searching inventories online at different dealers, that Sirius isn't a very popular option, and Im afraid it will be hard to find. Im going to be leasing and the special they are running, I must take delivery by July 5, which doesn't leave much time for special orders, especially since im taking a vacation in a week. So anyway is it possible for the dealer to install Sirius, or does it have to be factory installed? I could just get a portable tuner or something, but I really wan't it intergrated if possible.

Thanks
The Sirius satellite radio can be added to the Dodge Caliber but you would have to see your dealership parts department for final cost, availability and installation time.

I believe this is the part you are looking for:
2007 Caliber Sirius Satellite Radio Receiver and Antenna Kit (Mopar Part#: 82209719)

Installation Kit Includes:
CAN B receiver, permanent mount antenna, owner’s manual, and activation information. Vehicle specific installation kit is required. For use with Mopar and production radios only.

Description:
In-vehicle entertainment has evolved with another innovative product from MOPAR. Sirius Satellite Radio will introduce a new level of depth and content to radio listening by providing up to 100 channels of digital entertainment coast to coast; 60 commercial-free channels of music and 40 channels of news, sports and entertainment. Programming varies from the Best of the 80’s and Rock to Classic Jazz and Country sounds, ESPN Radio and The Weather Channel to Radio Disney and The History Channel.

The system uses statistical multiplexing technology, which optimizes the fidelity on each channel, to provide superior sound resolution. The Sirius Satellite Radio System plays

directly from your vehicle’s radio with the installation of a special receiver and permanent mount antenna. A monthly service fee will apply.

Once again if you are interested in obtaining this system for your Caliber, contact your local dealership for more details. They will be able to answer any additional questions you may have.

Cheers,
Dan

·
Registered
285 Posts
Thank you for that info, DodgeInfoCenter. Maybe we should make this thread a sticky.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just remember the base unit will only show the channel number..

The base radio does not show the artist and song title, however, the upgraded radios do.

I would post the thread but have not posted 15 times yet.

Search for "Sirius Display"

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
AMFbluffer said:
Just remember the base unit will only show the channel number..

The base radio does not show the artist and song title, however, the upgraded radios do.

I would post the thread but have not posted 15 times yet.

Search for "Sirius Display"
Yeah, that kinda sucks, but It's not THAT big of a deal. Right now Im trying to go the cheap route, cause im trying to save some money, so im going to lease an SE with automatic, A/C, and Sirius. Nothing fancy. I can live without Artist/Title for a 27 Month lease. Thanks for the info

·
Registered
188 Posts
Please let me know how this turns out, I am kicking myself for not getting the sirius radio in mine. I have XM in my other vehicle and didn't want to pay for two subscriptions. I didn't realize it was free for a year. D'oh!

·
Registered
377 Posts
I asked my dealer about Sirius from the factory, but he said it wasn't available for Canucks yet. He did look up the info for the Mopar kit, but I'm looking at over $500 CAN for the parts alone, about $750 installed. I still have my Streamer GTR from my old car, so I plan on making a nice clean install in the Caliber. I even found the input adaptor for the 6-Disc stereo. So I'll have a direct connection. I just gotta get my Caliber now.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Tigerr said:
I asked my dealer about Sirius from the factory, but he said it wasn't available for Canucks yet. He did look up the info for the Mopar kit, but I'm looking at over $500 CAN for the parts alone, about $750 installed. I still have my Streamer GTR from my old car, so I plan on making a nice clean install in the Caliber. I even found the input adaptor for the 6-Disc stereo. So I'll have a direct connection. I just gotta get my Caliber now.
Let us know how that works out and include instructions and pics. That might be an other alternative for people who ordered w/o Sirius.

·
Registered
683 Posts
If you get the base radio it would be cheaper to just change it out to an after market head unit and then add a Sirius tuner. Those tuners are readily available, direct connect and cost about $75. I installed one myself on my 2004 Durango. Installation on a Caliber would be nearly identicle. If you don't mind XM instead of Sirius Alpine makes a head unit with XM built in. Makes for very easy installation. Don't know if a similar unit for Sirius exists.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Huff said:
If you get the base radio it would be cheaper to just change it out to an after market head unit and then add a Sirius tuner. Those tuners are readily available, direct connect and cost about $75. I installed one myself on my 2004 Durango. Installation on a Caliber would be nearly identicle. If you don't mind XM instead of Sirius Alpine makes a head unit with XM built in. Makes for very easy installation. Don't know if a similar unit for Sirius exists.
Most Pioneer Head Units are "Satellite Radio Ready" which means Pioneer also produces XM and Sirius Recievers, and both use Pioneer IP-BUS cable. I have both XM and Sirius in my Neon. So, the system does work without a glitch, and it's all plug and play except for getting power to the reciever.

·
Registered
506 Posts
only reason i didn't get the sirius right away... honestly cuz i'm stationed in germany rite now.. i figured since i'm gonna upgrade the stereo to a pioneer double din reciever with DVD and navi... it would make sense to wait and add it when i add that..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I went to the dealer yesterday, and my credit and everything checks out, their going to see if they can get a dealer trade, and get the car I want. I hope they get it by Thur, because there lease offer ends on Jult 5th, but im leaving for a Vacation on Friday the 31st. I test drove the only one they had on the lot which was an SXT, with the 2.0L Auto, same engine as the SE which is what im getting. The acceleration was a little diddapointing, but I didn't really push it too much, besides I've heard it gets better once it breaks in. Im not a speed deamon anyway so no big deal. Anyway back to Sirius, if you wan't an aftermarket head unit for Sirius go with a Kenwood, there very nice.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Kenwood is my 2nd choice after Alpine. I prefer the sound of the Alpines. The BBE technology really makes the bass and midrange come through clean.

I'd love to change the stock head unit in my Caliber but know of no way to do so. I have the factory Sirios (which I could tear out) and the upgraded stereo with steering wheel controls and on dash station display.

·
Registered
506 Posts
only reason i'm not gonna change my head unit is cuz of the steering controls....but man oh man do i want to

·
Registered
285 Posts
A lot of stereo manufactuerers have the ability to integrate the steering wheel controls into their head units. I'm pretty sure all of the big aftermarket guys have the ability. You just gotta find the hardware. It's not a common add on.

·
Registered
506 Posts
yea... don't wanna spend an arm and a leg either... maybe just a few fingers but come on now... not the whole arm

·
Registered
188 Posts
It's hard to stomach a high price for installed satellite radio when you can buy a good handset for $50 and just plug it in!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts