Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, I bought my Caliber off the lot, and it had everything I wanted except for U-Connect. I searched and found a writeup for one without the convenience group option. What all is involved with adding U-Connect to a Caliber R/T with the Convenience Group Option? I heard I already had the wiring I needed, but I wanted to know what all was involved and a step by step if you all have it.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
If the wiring is all there you wont need to do much.. the only downside is i dont know the part number for the mirror harness. Also its a shared harness with the overhead lights and the sunroof if you have that option. The easy solution is to get an LX mirror harness and some matching terminals for the existing pillar harness. The telematics module can be found fairly cheap online. Before you do anything verify you have the wiring though. The DCG package doesnt guarantee that you have it. Pull the drivers side A pillar cover and locate the harness plug twards the bottom of the windshield unplug it and look at the connector for the pin numbers. If pin locations 1-5 are full then you have the wiring.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do have the sunroof, auto dim mirror, etc. Is there any rhyme or reason to who gets the wiring and who does not? I have everything but Bluetooth and leather on my R/T FWD.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Feel free to ask me any questions on it and ill help with what i know and help with the research if i dont.

I dont think there is any pattern to who gets the wiring and who doesnt.. seems to be just what harnesses were at hand when the cars were built. The few insiders we have on the board may more about that.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats cool, I'm going to wait on my tax return to do it though I think. Its either Bluetooth or a spoiler. How well does the system work with a Motorola Razr anybody know?

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I cant speak for the razor but as for its basic operation its GREAT! It recognizes speech at full talking speed very well and rarely misunderstands the basic commands. If you go trying to have a conversation with it though it will end up speaking french lol. Sound quality is clear on both ends and even road noise seems to be filtered out well.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fingernipp said:
I cant speak for the razor but as for its basic operation its GREAT! It recognizes speech at full talking speed very well and rarely misunderstands the basic commands. If you go trying to have a conversation with it though it will end up speaking french lol. Sound quality is clear on both ends and even road noise seems to be filtered out well.
I HATE most voice recognition due to my southern drawl. Basic voice recognition systems (those over the telephone) drive me nuts. I've asked for Volkswagen before and gotten "Foot Locker". Voice recognition on my old phone (Nokia 6340i) went this way: I'd ask it to dial "Paul" who is a friend of mine. Instead it dialed "Home." WTF??? :mad:

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Home made piggyback dash harness, modified pillar harness (LX harness), telematics module, uconnect auto dim mirror.

Attachments

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I saw that in the thread I found. I want to go out and take a look, but my uncle does not have the tools I think to take it apart. (I couldn't even find a big enough screw driver to put my tag on last night.) I had to wait until I got to work, take a screwdriver outside, put it on, then walk all the way back inside.

·
Registered
246 Posts
You might want to visit http://www.moparsupercenter.com/, who are supporting vendors of this site. They have the complete factory UConnect systems available and are the only source for the Jet harness. Factory UConnect has been done many times on the LX vehicles and I see no reason why it can't be done for the Caliber. Search for kits PKLXUC1 and PKLXUC2.

Medic

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Thats the LX mirror harness i got too. I was trying to help the people at moparsupercenter make a caliber specific harness but i was unable to find a source for the terminals to match the existing A pillar harness.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
To be honest, I was hoping this was one of those quick mods where all i had to do was just swap out the mirror, and bam, its done. Looks like there's more to it than that :( Still gonna do it though I think.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts