Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey i just found that on another forum maby someone is interestet,Cheers Thomas
Hello everyone,
AEM is looking for a 2007 Caliber in the Los Angeles area for intake R&D. R&D typically takes around 2 weeks, and if needed driving arrangements can be made. AEM will give you a FREE intake system for helping us out. Please contact me at [email protected] and for further information please visit our website at www.aempower.com. Thank you
Ken Ying

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Emailed and already got a reply. Looks like I might be driving to LA area again. hehe Thanks again. Two good tips from you so far.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HSKR said:
Emailed and already got a reply. Looks like I might be driving to LA area again. hehe Thanks again. Two good tips from you so far.
i allready wondert how long it takes until you read this one:D ,Cheers Thomas

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Yeah, would have read it sooner, but was working on the new motor for my truck. Checking pushrod length is fun. No really, it is, trust me. :D

·
Registered
294 Posts
AEM makes some nice kits, installed one on a friend's truck, although K&N is slightly better IMO (installed on my truck)

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
hey HSKR lets see what else i can find ,maby you get the whole car customized :D for free .Woulden be so bad EH:D ,If i ever make it to your area i hope your BBQ is Burning:p ,Good luck Thomas

·
Registered
343 Posts
thanks tupmeier for the heads ups! I've got an appointment tomorrow for the $200 interview deal. HSKR told me what's up and I called.

I would like to get the intake deal as well, but I already put enough stress on that poor car, lol

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Trythisonforsize said:
thanks tupmeier for the heads ups! I've got an appointment tomorrow for the $200 interview deal. HSKR told me what's up and I called.

I would like to get the intake deal as well, but I already put enough stress on that poor car, lol
Hey good luck ,and i am glad i could help and your guys can definatly use the money,i was a soldier ones to and money is allways tied ,Cheers Thomas

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
tupmeier said:
hey HSKR lets see what else i can find ,maby you get the whole car customized :D for free .Woulden be so bad EH:D ,If i ever make it to your area i hope your BBQ is Burning:p ,Good luck Thomas
Yeah, will definitly have a cold one and a hot grill ready if you ever make it down here.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Dropped the car off today. Supposed to be finished on the 17th. Thanks again. Tupmeier.

·
Registered
644 Posts
sweet, let us know how it pans out.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hmmm. I sent them an email when this thread was first posted.
Never heard back from them until today. They wanted to know if I was still interisted, what model Caliber I have, what build date, and what transmission. May be hope for me yet!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey, same thing happened to me today also. I had emailed him about 2 weeks ago also and just got a response back today. I guess i'll see what happens. Does anyone know what they will do with our cars while they are testing them? Meaning will there be any long term stress on the engine for doing this? Maybe a dumb question but i dont know. thanks :)

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
DodgeDude said:
Hey, same thing happened to me today also. I had emailed him about 2 weeks ago also and just got a response back today. I guess i'll see what happens. Does anyone know what they will do with our cars while they are testing them? Meaning will there be any long term stress on the engine for doing this? Maybe a dumb question but i dont know. thanks :)
check with hskr they hat his car allready ,he can tell you more ,
cheers thomas

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
DodgeDude said:
Well, they can't dyno them, so not sure what they will do. Can't forsee any abuse on the motor. They are just fabbing up an intake to make sure it fits properly.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
jguerra3235 said:
So how is the intake?
Still waiting on AEM to make it. They just did the test fit R&D on my car, but they have to finalize the production version before we get one. Otherwise it would just be the ugly R&D model. Hopefully we will get the call next week.

And got an estimate yesterday for the scrapes they caused when they backed into another vehicle. Two little scrapes=$989 for repair. They have to remove the rear bumper to fix it properly because one of the scrapes is on the edge of the rear quarter panel where it meets the bumper, and they have to blend it in around the edge.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts