Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Whats up everyone. I see a lot of you who are confused as to what kind of dash kit to use with your new Caliber. Well here is the solution. Before I bought my Caliber, I had a 05' Dakota with the same type of radio in it. When I saw my radio, I thought how in the hell was I going to put an after market stereo in my truck? Then I came across this website www.installer.com, which offered the dash kit that I was so longing for. Here's what it looks like.
And this is what it looked like in my Dakota... ... This kit has got to fit in the Caliber, because it looks exactaly like the Dakota dash. Well I hope this helps all of you... Good luck...

Aaron

·
Registered
269 Posts
Sweet!! post some pix of your modded caliber stereo when you get the chance!

Did you use the same Dakota harness to plug the HU in? Or did you go with your own wiring to amps and audio inputs?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya know what? I have no clue how to take off the cover to get to the radio. The only reason I was considering taking out my stock radio was because my speakers cut in and out during cd play back. The radio plays just fine, but the cd player is bein a piece of crap. I dont really know if we can use the same harness as the Dakota, but since it's the same radio it's more than likely gotta fit. I just gotta find a way to get the cover off and then I'm in like flint.

Aaron

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I just put mine in today! I'll have pics posted by the end of the week, cause my gf has them on her digital... I'm so glad I put back in my aftermarket Pioneer. My Pioneer stereo's have NEVER let me down! I had to pull my stock radio, because it was making my speakers cut in and out during cd play back. Today when I was at the dealer ship, a few guys from the Chrysler corp came out to look at my stereo, but boy were they useless. I explained my problem with the stock radio to them, but they were hesitant in believing what I was saying. So once I knew they weren't gonna help me and instead of wasting any more time in the stupid shop, I decided to put in my aftermarket Pioneer. I love my system now (base 4 speaker) and my cd player works like a charm. So the moral of this lesson is that DODGE RADIOS SUCK!!! Their field testing team SUCKS!!! If you want something done right then you have to do it yourself. So good luck to all of you Caliber owners out there who are having problems with their stereo, Dodge wont help you out at all.

·
Registered
269 Posts
That's awesome! Glad to hear it hooks up with the Dakota's hardware without any problems! :)

Just to clarify, can you describe which speaker setup you have in your caliber? Just so people know if you have full-blown-audio gear or if it's a generic package without the separate amps.

Good luck with the Pioneer stuffs though, I had a DEH-P5200 that lost output to the R-channel and a Premier DEH-P840MP that wouldn't power on ... :(

·
Registered
67 Posts
we've always had a dashkit that worls, everyone knew about this before the caliber was even out... so this isnt news at all really.. what we need is a wiring harness that works

·
Registered
268 Posts
BMARIO07 said:
we've always had a dashkit that worls, everyone knew about this before the caliber was even out... so this isnt news at all really.. what we need is a wiring harness that works

The magnum wiring harness works fine, you just have to add the ACC wire

had to do the same thing in the Vibe

·
Registered
171 Posts
I went to circuit city and they have a plug and play harness they have one cable that plugs into the factory wires then another one that plugs into the after market radio quick and easy no splicing need except I did have to add the acc wire but I just cut the burgunday one with a gray strip and connected that to the cig lighter. Works great!!

·
Registered
268 Posts
lukeinva said:
I went to circuit city and they have a plug and play harness they have one cable that plugs into the factory wires then another one that plugs into the after market radio quick and easy no splicing need except I did have to add the acc wire but I just cut the burgunday one with a gray strip and connected that to the cig lighter. Works great!!
Exactly what I did

·
Registered
268 Posts
I had to go in behind the cigarette lighter and splice into the wire, it goes down along the passenger side of the center console, just had to use about 2 or 3' of small cable to run to the head unit

·
Registered
39 Posts
OK this isn't directly related but I couldn't find any threads quite like this....

What do need to install an aftermarket HU so that I still have steering wheel controls? I plan on going to Fry's Electronics to have it done by some Pros, but I'd just like to know what kind of wire harness or other special little required gizmos. the HU is a Pioneer Deh-p5900IB if that helps the cause any

thanks in advance

·
Registered
683 Posts
devxmosh said:
OK this isn't directly related but I couldn't find any threads quite like this....

What do need to install an aftermarket HU so that I still have steering wheel controls? I plan on going to Fry's Electronics to have it done by some Pros, but I'd just like to know what kind of wire harness or other special little required gizmos. the HU is a Pioneer Deh-p5900IB if that helps the cause any
thanks in advance
Fry's Electronics does not have any pro's!! Go to a local independent car stereo shop. Most will be light years ahead of Fry's in knowledge.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts