Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here, but I did search.
Just wondering if anyone has gone with any alarms on their Caliber ? Suggestions, conflicts.
I usually go with Viper and add the auto window module. (but haven't checked one out lately)

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Viper's are good alarms, but you pay more for it because of the name. Check out the Audiovox alarms. Every bit as good, all the same functions, and you can usually get them cheaper because they don't have the Viper name on them. I have one in my truck with the two way paging remote(looks like a mini cell phone with a picture of a car on it. Tells you what part of the vehicle got hit causing the alarm to go off(if it goes off) you can check the internal temperature of the car, has remote start feature, you can add on auto-up or down window modules. With the remote start, it allows you to set it to start the car in cold weather automaticlaly when it reaches a certain pre-set temperature(to keep block from freezing) or you can set it to start at a certain time every day, like right before you get off work so the A/C cools it off before you get to you car to go home.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I forgot about the remote start, the Caliber will be my first automatic, the wife hates stick. The remote start will be a great bonus, our winters can get out of hand. A have a little bit of homework to do on that end.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Just remember that if you go remote start then you need an alarm/module that can bypass the sentry key system. from what I've read you usually have to surrender one of your keys to the system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts