Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 Dodge Caliber SRT-4 and have just installed a full cat-less Modern Performance exhaust system onto. I bought the system used from a friend whose car was totaled. When I got it, it had the two oxygen sensors still installed. One was in the forward-most bung and the other in the rear most bung in a J-tube extension. There was a middle bung which had a plug in it.

When I installed the system in my car, I left the front O2 sensor in the forward-most bung, but swapped the rear O2 sensor from the J-tube to the middle port and put the plug on the bung on the J-tube. My thinking is that the bung on the J-tube extension is only for a wideband O2 sensor, which I do not currently have.

My question is if it is correct to have the O2 sensors installed this way and am I correct in assuming the J-tube is only for a wideband sensor? For what it's worth, the car is running the RealTune MS1K tune.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I found out from Modern Performance rep that the rear J-tube is in fact for the downstream OE oxygen sensor and that the middle bung is for an aftermarket wideband O2 sensor. So, I had it wrong and need to swap them back to the way it was. Hopefully this will take care of my P0038 code..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts