Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a problem if any 1 could help. Ive got a aftermarket pioneer hu to install. ive installed it with the wire harness the audio shop gave me. I get power and pic but no sound. some told me it cause of the factory amp. To by-pass it or special wire harness. if so how do i by pass it. thanks alot

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
you got it.. you are amplifing an amplifier... all kinds of problems can happend.... but you are prob. not turning the stock amp on...

+1 for base audio in the caliber!

·
Registered
268 Posts
is there an extra blue wire on the factory harness?

I installed a deck in a vibe with a factory amp and it just had to be hooked up with the radio remote wire like an aftermarket amp, and the factory wire was even blue if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
not that I have ( i have the base sxt without the upgraded system) so i'll let someone else chime in here for that.

·
Registered
44 Posts
easterngwy - I have also wondered about this. In order to hook up an aftermarket head unit to the Boston System, you'll have to bypass the amp and use the amplifier that is internal to the aftermarket head unit. The aftermarket head unit will NOT be as powerful as the Bostons amplifiers.

·
Registered
683 Posts
My 2004 Dodge Ram has the Infinity system that used an amp. I changed out the stereo to an aftermarket without trouble. The speaker amps were designed for a high level input because thats all the factory stereo has for its outputs. I did have to run a separate amp-on wire as the factory stereo lacks such a wire and uses the CAN-BUS instead.

Looking at the wiring for the Calibers stereo I do not see seperate wires for amplified and non-amplied vehicles. The stereos used in our Calibers are the same as found in many other Chrysler vehicles with and without amps. So to me this means the only output from the factory stereos is high level. Just a thought.

·
Registered
39 Posts
i'm doing the exact same thing. pioneer HU with the boston acoustic system. Onlt thing is... I got an adapter so i can keep my steering wheel controls. I'm having best buy do the install so i'll let you know if it goes well in a few days (after 3-25-07) and I'll have pictures of everything installed.

any updates to this easterngwy? are you alive?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I used to be an install tech for Best Buy. I have a Pioneer HU as well and since I installed my own speakers I didn't have to worry about the factory amp just a $60 harness (my discount @ Circuit City) to get the deck to turn on and keep the retained accessory power. However if since you want to keep the factory amp you need this harness second one down, model# C2R-CHY. Any questions just ask

1 - 8 of 8 Posts