Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wanting to do this for a while, but go fast parts always took priority - now it's time to finally get to work.

I tried doing a search here and on the .net site, but the search function pwns me. All that came up for "steering wheel" searches were how to keep your steering wheel audio controls and trillions of threads about new wheels:icon_flaming:

So - has anyone found a hub adapter that will work our car? I've checked Grant and MOMO - struck out so far.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I sent them an e-mail, but their office doesn't open for another 15 minutes lol

there is a wesbite - Andy's Auto Parts - that lists the SRK-170H as compatible with 2007+ Calibers but I'm pretty sure that part number is for the Neon SRT4

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
here's the response I got from NRG

"The SRK-170H should fit the Dodge Caliber without any issues."

Guess it's time to man up and be the guinea pig

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
lol - I can't see the vids at work (site is blocked) but the titles give me a few ideas!

so this hub adapater

and this quick release (in black, not titanium)

now I just have to decide on a wheel

·
Registered
908 Posts
The short adapter will most likely put the new steering wheel close to the wipers/flashers lever. I'd go for the longuer one.. however my NRG quickrelease I used to have in my civic wasn't quite perfect. After time it got loose at the connector.

Also when and if you order the quick release, you will still need to order the short black base to be able to atach it to the steering column. I made a mistake to buy the quickrelease only and was left with a surprise after removing my oem one..

As for the steering wheel, I absolutly love my sparco. I've tested some of them in friends cars and the sparco was by far the best.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so you had the short hub and thin quick release in your civic?

I ordered the short hub and gen 1 quick release, so it will look like this

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
a bit off topic, but after you get your swap done, would you be interested in selling your stock steering wheel without the airbag?

I have a base model and its all plastic and cheap, and wouldn't mind upgrading a bit. I assume that the airbag is the same from the srt to the non...

Sorry to be a vulcher, but the only ones ive found people wanted wayyy too much money for them..

thanks dude, and sorry for the thread jack

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sorry man, I doubt I'll be selling it. It would cost too much to replace if I ever had to go back to stock.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
sorry man, I doubt I'll be selling it. It would cost too much to replace if I ever had to go back to stock.
sounds good man :beerchug:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts