Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put in the old pioneer MP3 player w/sirius. I had to use a dodge magnum dash kit and wiring harness, but also had to tap into the cig lighter to get an ACC switched cable

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Looks tight dude! :D

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Hehe yeah, I guess so..:D

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
black07 said:
I don't want to be an ass, but the adapter kit looks awful. That's why I haven't change the stereo in mine...
it's not the best looking but the sound is worth it

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I think it looks fine, and considering the sound, I'd do it like *that*. :D

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Amandyke said:
Well I guess you can do that when you didn't get any of the options that take advantage of the radio. Like uconnect.
i doubt any factory options have 4v preamp outputs with sub control volume, not that we're using it...yet

·
Registered
10 Posts
How'd u get the dash apart? An was there not a acc on the Connector at the stero at all?

·
Registered
746 Posts
actually if it's anything like the lx line, than all of the hvac systems, ducts, and radio would not be attached to the bezel which is what the blue thing is called. it sits on top of those components and makes it all look pretty. oh wait, the hvac system and clock are attached to the bezel... i forgot... yeah the plugs are attached to those things... nvm... i'm just coming off of a four day weekend so my brain isn't in work mode yet...

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the bezel just pulls off (not all the way off, just loose and then turn it sideways), you have to take off the plastic panel around the shift knob as well (well not take it off, just pull it up and spin it around)

I tested all of the wires on the factory harness and none were ACC, the cig lighter cable is pretty easy to reach through the center stack

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
ib2loud said:
Put in the old pioneer MP3 player w/sirius. I had to use a dodge magnum dash kit and wiring harness, but also had to tap into the cig lighter to get an ACC switched cable

Not bad an install, adds an extra storage space. I like! I still want a Navi though!:cool:

Great job!:)

·
Registered
67 Posts
ib2loud said:
i doubt any factory options have 4v preamp outputs with sub control volume, not that we're using it...yet
thats why u get a high level converter, u can run ur subs and amp off teh factory deck

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
How is it sounding btw?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sounds great, a lot better that stock

and level converters are junk, they never sound the same as a true signal

·
Registered
171 Posts
yeah I am going to glass mine in my 300 and then take it an get it painted to match the color of my car. I think that would look pretty cool.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
BMARIO07 said:
i hate the dodge doubledin kits, im gonna custom my own....
but did u use the BHA1818 for the harness?
i don't remember the #, i just know it was for a magnum and I had to add the ACC wire

1 - 20 of 24 Posts