Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i went out and got myself the agp motor mount about a week ago. Installation was cake. Took me maybe about half an hour. Really it took longer to get it on jack stands then to get it on the car.

Shifting is a lot more positive, the way i think it should have been from the factory.

Vibration is substantial tho. i dont think i would keep it on the car if had to daily drive it. Most of the vibration is in the dash and floor board. Although it has lessened as i have put miles on it.

Wheel hop is gone! Now replaced by wheel spin. haha First gear is a joke even with traction control on.

Overall good buy for the shifting fact alone. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Sounds like a useless mod for a street car.........
You obviously don't own a fast street car yet.... lol

Just wait till you're making 350+whp and you get crazy, axle snapping, wheelhop in 2nd gear roll. If you shut your T/C off and really try to launch even a stock car on a right kind of pavement, your car will wheel hop...

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
The vibration will die down tremendously after a few weeks.

·
Registered
967 Posts
yeah I am not sure if the vibration dies down or you just get used to it lol. I don't even notice it all anymore. My gf does sometimes though, but she likes it... especially stuck at a light on an up slope with the car in first and holding... she loves that little vibration :jester:

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
yeah I am not sure if the vibration dies down or you just get used to it lol. I don't even notice it all anymore. My gf does sometimes though, but she likes it... especially stuck at a light on an up slope with the car in first and holding... she loves that little vibration :jester:

Pics or ban!:banhim:

·
Premium Member
5,064 Posts
You obviously don't own a fast street car yet.... lol

Just wait till you're making 350+whp and you get crazy, axle snapping, wheelhop in 2nd gear roll. If you shut your T/C off and really try to launch even a stock car on a right kind of pavement, your car will wheel hop...
ive never had wheel hop but my only launches are on DR's and i get nothing but spin

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
I really wanted to buy this but everybody keeps on saying that the vibration is horrible and this is my daily driving on a scale 1 to 10 (1 is stock & 10 is the 1st day vibration) how would u rate it after 1000 miles?

·
Registered
967 Posts
Im going with 5. I have put over 5000 miles on mine and it is a daily driver as well.

·
Premium Member
6,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its not even close to as bad as it was. I barely even notice anymore except it makes my keys rattle. not sure if im getting used to it or what. Overall tho good buy for sure.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
I laugh how everyone complains about vibrations with a little motor mount lol.

My NSRT4 had the Boomba Motor Mounts all around, LCA Bushings, Open downpipe with no Cat, built motor, big turbo, and I drove it around daily.

The NSRT4 pleased any girl who entered...and Now I want to continue the saga with the CSRT4

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Im going with 5. I have put over 5000 miles on mine and it is a daily driver as well.
I'll guess am going to pass on this mod then, i hate driving a new car that feels like an old f**k up car. This wasn't ment for a guy like me:icon_flaming:

·
Registered
967 Posts
I'll guess am going to pass on this mod then, i hate driving a new car that feels like an old f**k up car. This wasn't ment for a guy like me:icon_flaming:
If thats the case, i wouldn't recommend moding the car. Trade it in and get a cadilac.

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
If thats the case, i wouldn't recommend moding the car. Trade it in and get a cadilac.

I agree.

Anyone complaining about this mod really needs to buy an AMG Mercedes or equivalent :jester:

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Why do i gotta get a Cadillac if i like my car, plus a Cadillac wont be as fast as my csrt4 and believe me i have destroy other cars by doing mods, there just a few things that i wont do to this one at least for now. Being way faster than now and still keep my car feeling like stock is my goal.:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
2,459 Posts

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
I agree.

Anyone complaining about this mod really needs to buy an AMG Mercedes or equivalent :jester:
And that's the other choice. I had a SL55 AMG and i love it everyday i had it but the economy push me to give it back; that's just how life is.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
I came from AMG Mercedes then went down to an s2000 and finally end up with the csrt4 wich is faster than the s2000 and more comfortable too but it can't never be compare with the AMG.

·
Registered
967 Posts
i'm not trying to be an asshole here, but anytime you do any kind of mod like this one your going to degrade driving comfort slightly. Coilovers, strut bars, sway bars, motor mounts, etc... All are going to stiffen your ride, all are going to cause a little bit more vibration, all are a great addition to the car. You will for sure want stiffer motor mounts if you are upping your power. It helps a lot, especially when shifting. It's your call though. These now or the parts you break repeatedly later for not getting stiffer motor mounts. I picked these up the day he put them on the market. I regretted it for a little while because it was real rough. But i trusted aaron when he said it will die down and guess what, it did. This is a must have for anyone that plans on adding power to thier car, amongst others that are trying to get produced right now. As always, it's your call and your money. Just my .02 cents

1 - 20 of 22 Posts