Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...and then off by itself a couple of minutes later??? :notallthere:

I was driving to school tonight and all of a sudden i hear this "Ding" and i look down and i thought it was my seat belt light at first glance, but then i figured it must have been the air bag light. I couldn't stop for about a couple of minutes, and then just before i was gonna shut the car off and re-start it, the light went off by it self...now i've had funny things like this happen before, but never with the airbags, so i'm gonna see if Lockwood can look at it tomorrow and see if there is a problem or if it was just a fluke...

Has this happened to anybody else? It was just the airbag light that turned on, everything else was normal :notallthere:

EDIT: 3000th post!?! :notallthere:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Second time this week I've heard this, first was my friends charger.
he ignores it cause it goes away but I'm sure its gotta be stressfull.
sounds like saftey feature to keep you awake at the helm....:read:

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SRT4plz said:
Second time this week I've heard this, first was my friends charger.
he ignores it cause it goes away but I'm sure its gotta be stressfull.
sounds like saftey feature to keep you awake at the helm....:read:
ya im not really concerned about it, but im surrounded by air bags and i dont want them going off randomly while im driving to work one day :rofl:

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Could be answering this all wrong but was something on your passenger seat? I think they have a weight sensor and without the belt being latched I believe the indicator light will go on? Something like a warning that the seat is occupied but the seat belt not attached.

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HICal said:
Could be answering this all wrong but was something on your passenger seat? I think they have a weight sensor and without the belt being latched I believe the indicator light will go on? Something like a warning that the seat is occupied but the seat belt not attached.
no it wasn't for that light, (the one down by the hazard light switch) it was the one in the speedometer. There was nothing on the seat at the time

1 - 8 of 8 Posts