Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, does anybody has had this before?!

maybe in the us version is standing "Alert - Alert" or so...
it comes while driving...the message comes and radio doesn't work
last last guy who had turned the radio off and on and it works again
i had it not before but some members from our german forum...

help would be nice!

thx

frank

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
if my radio goes "ALERT ALERT" , I would get out of the car as fast as possible!, maybe it wants to explode or something!?, HEHEHEHE

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol

yeah that was my first thought

i'm shure it has something to do with the rds system where i get my time from... maybe a bad signal or something

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi! I know this is an old post, but this issue just happened to my 2007 Caliber 2.0 CRD (Spanish version, Germany mounted AFAIK). That "alarm" message and loud beep ended after a while. Following that, the car lost power: it just ignored my pressings on the pedal and stuck to a peak of 100 kph, as it didn't notice the extra gas feed. The injection mechanism was fine, because I disengaged the clutch and the RPM's went ok, along with the pedal pressings. Prior to that, the car had been parked for long, so it was a fact that the battery might have been almost uncharged. This may not make sense while the car is already running, but since it was night, with lights, fan and radio on, I am almost sure it was a safety measure by the computer which detected the low charge and cut all the extra electricity needs to prevent major issues, i.e. power steering misfunction. After 200 km @100 kph / near 2500-3000 rpm, I stopped and restarted the car: everything was fine by then, including the power leaks. Please post me back if any other info on this comes available.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the same (2007 model) 2.0 CRD, UK version but never had this issue, YET! lol.. Would be really helpful to find out the reason and cause of this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts