Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Nice job! Hey whats the part number on that A-pillar harness? Do you have sunroof and uconnect? Also did you cut around the black dots on the windshield for that tint strip or did you tint right over em?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fingernipp said:
Nice job! Hey whats the part number on that A-pillar harness? Do you have sunroof and uconnect? Also did you cut around the black dots on the windshield for that tint strip or did you tint right over em?
I don't know what that part number is. But I do have a sunroof and if uconnect was in there it got ripped out, but im pretty sure it wasnt. I didnt opt for the uconnect just because of the fact I changed everything out and am a certified installer I can get ahold of a all around better unit. As for my tint I have this guy I've been using for awhile and he always just tints right over and thats way below the legal limit mark on the windshield.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
joker2 said:
Hey I was installing some of these last night and thought you guys would enjoy some pics.

http://i10.tinypic.com/2yno01f.jpg http://i11.tinypic.com/2v274le.jpg
Just wondering why you didn't hide your speaker wires better by running them through the rubber boot thing that the factory wires go through instead of exposed in the door jam and under the weather stripping like they are? See link to pic I left in quote. It's not that hard to get the wires through the rubber piece and looks much cleaner. I did it on my Dakota.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HSKR said:
Just wondering why you didn't hide your speaker wires better by running them through the rubber boot thing that the factory wires go through instead of exposed in the door jam and under the weather stripping like they are? See link to pic I left in quote. It's not that hard to get the wires through the rubber piece and looks much cleaner. I did it on my Dakota.
Ok we are all on here to help each other and be a community. I am not trying to be rude or offend you in any way. But I do car audio installs for Circuit City and I do know that running wires through the boot does make it look a lot cleaner. However it is very hard on the ones on the the Calibers and a majority of newer vehicles due to the fact that they have what is called molex plugs in them. Now I'm not saying it's impossible, but it is very time consuming and pain. And with the amount of time I am going to keep this car I'm not sure it will be worth the time and effort. Read this and you'll see what i'm talking about http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?TID=78731&KW=molex

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Geez. I would be more inclined to find out the size and type terminals used on the stock wires and just add it to the connectors. It pains me to even think of altering my brand new car in such a way that cannot be easily returned to original.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fingernipp said:
Geez. I would be more inclined to find out the size and type terminals used on the stock wires and just add it to the connectors. It pains me to even think of altering my brand new car in such a way that cannot be easily returned to original.
Its terminals that are used to add it to the factory door molex. Because in order to do it you first have to get the door molex out which is the hardest and most time consuming part of the process. Then find a blank spot on each one that matches up, drill a hole big enough to run 18-16 gauge wire through it, then put it back in the door. And either way it is done it can just as easily be returned back to factory.

·
Registered
687 Posts
That rubber hose and boot thing is well known in the Belvidere Assy Plant as the A/C drain hose and grommet. The hose is not glued in and can be pulled out easy. To access the A/C drain tube the carpet can be pulled easy from the top/under gas pedal (VERY EASY on right hand drive cars) and pulled towards you enough to get to the drain tube and grommet. If you run any wires between the hose and grommet I'd use sealer when finished.

I hope this helps. :cool:

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I was trying to help out by saying I was able to do it on my 2000 Dakota, and was just wondering why you didn't do it on the Caliber. I didn't have to drill holes on my Dakota. It had two seperate connectors"molex" with enough space in between to pass the wires. I have the BA sound system so have no intentions of ever doing this to the Caliber.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
HSKR said:
I was trying to help out by saying I was able to do it on my 2000 Dakota, and was just wondering why you didn't do it on the Caliber. I didn't have to drill holes on my Dakota. It had two seperate connectors"molex" with enough space in between to pass the wires. I have the BA sound system so have no intentions of ever doing this to the Caliber.
Oh ok I see what you mean. Yea I looked at it and I would have to disassemble the whole thing and drill holes to run the wires through. I had the BA system to, but it didn't satisfy me or compare to what I have so i ripped it out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts