Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hahah everyone is telling me not to get one, it seems liek everyone is hateing on the Cal.

:confused:

this confuses me, am i alone on this one?

·
Registered
689 Posts
I think so also, I hear people say how they like the car also. Plus it is selling very well, so you must be finding the exception to the rule.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I should be writing a final essay for my class...and here I am peaking at the boards. Most people have given me favorable comments upon seeing the car. But none of them have heard of the Caliber or have ever seen one. (I rarely, rarely see one myself). They've seen the fairy commercial when I mention it, then they say, "oh, is that the car?"

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i get,, " ooh that shit looks like a PT Crusier " a lot... that really vexes me.. or just overall trash talk.. arrgg

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
The only people that I've run accross that don't like the Caliber have never seen it. They think they know all about it from www pictures or hear-say.

Everybody that sees it likes it and acts real curious about it.

·
Registered
226 Posts
GOT said:
The only people that I've run accross that don't like the Caliber have never seen it. They think they know all about it from www pictures or hear-say.

Everybody that sees it likes it and acts real curious about it.
I agree with this statement exactly.

Tiff

·
Registered
361 Posts
The only thing I've been told to avoid the Caliber for is the typical "It's a first year model, better wait a couple years!" stuff.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yup! I know some REALLY old people as well that don't like it due to the fact that a REALLY long time ago, Chrysler had some product that maybe was not the greatest in the world. If you dwell on the past.....sucks to be you! The only people that i have heard less than amazing products are the dudes and Dudesses with crappy old cars who are jealous as hell! Nuff Said!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have my whole family and even my in-laws telling me that they don't like it. They think I'm crazy for considering trading in my Camry for it.

·
Registered
377 Posts
It's a love or hate thing with the Caliber, there is no medium ground. Though I have noticed more women being drawn to the love side with the Caliber than the men and them describing it as cute.

On the road it has gotten many good looks.

·
Registered
137 Posts
My dad is the only person I know that doesn't like my car. He's still bitter that Dodge discontinued the Intrepid (which he owns and completely loves)and he doesn't like the flat nose with the crosshair grill that they put on everything now. He'll come around eventually... he's already marvelling at the sales of the Caliber, and he likes the fairie commercial.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I thought it was so funny, all the radio commercials, and Television Commercials have proclaimed the Caliber to be "Anything but cute." And every girl that looks at my car goes, "Wow! That's really cute!"

But basically, no one has said they didn't like it, and a lot of people show interest in it. not to mention the looks I get from other drivers, I feel like I'm driving a classic car, it turns a LOT of heads.

I would say the only downside to the Caliber is that there a QUITE a few blind spots on the car. The rear window is awfully small, makes it hard to see out of when your reversing. The other one is the plastic inbetween the doors. Other than that I'm happy!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Although I don't own one, any test drives I've taken have always taken me to friends or family's places, and a few stops along the way, and I have gotten every favorable comment I can think of.

Some of the times I just plain out ask what the person thinks of the car and that ends up with a look-see through the car for them. I could sell Calibers faster than they can sell themselves, which is quite fast.

My daughter LOVES the car and she is a single mother with a 3 year old boy and a 5 year old girl. I thought getting in and out of the back seat would be hard for her since she has long legs, but she thought it was fine. Same thing for the car seats. And we both love my Aerio for the rear seat ingress/egress.

I saw a white one coming out from a parking lot, so I waved him in and he must have been in his seventies, so even though the car is marketed for 25 -35, people like him and me (51) can see the overall practicality of the car.

It really is many cars in one!

Not one person has said anything negative once they've sat in it.

Anyway, I'm using too much bandwidth here (commonly called "hot air"), so I'll head out.

In ending, Dodge's new products are much better than the older ones, and t shows in Dodge's sales. Going up while GM and Ford are going down. And Dodge is going up in reliability and in problems per car delivered.

Two years ago I wouldn't have bought a Dodge. Now, since the Magnum / Charger / 300 has done so well in sales and relibility reports, I'm all over the Caliber!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Tip: If people are being retarded about your choice, run them the f over...:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts