Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I am going to factory order my Caliber this coming weekend after spending the last month searching for a specific Cali w/ certain options. I've given up because there aren't any in my immediate area, so I'm ordering one.

ANYWAY, my question is: I'm going to buy one with the Musicgate sound system. However, when I test drove the Cali w/ the BA system it sounded great BUT I felt like it needed more power.

What are my options for adding an amp to the system since the BA already has 1 or 2 dedicated amps? Will this affect the equalization of the BA system?

Any ideas? It would really be appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
277 Posts
I would not recommend this. All the speakers ar paired to that exact type of amp (wattage, resistance, Ect...) you could VERY EASILY over-power and blow the speakers!!! I would suggest adding speakers and an amp to the musicgate insted of moding it.

PS.(there are 2 amps, one for the sub and one for the other 8 speakers) The amps are located over the rear wheeles behind the trim panel.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. I actually figured that it was a bad way to go, but thought I would ask about it anyway.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have done a lot of custom systems, and have had some good stock systems in the past, and i must say that the Boston Acoustick system is one of the best stock ones out there. Way better then any Bose or Infinity. I have been thinking of adding another sub, but the wifey aint having it, its too load for her already.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
i would not bother with the b/a system if you want more just get the basic stereo package and upgrade it all yourself. i did...this was by far the easist install i have ever done and i have been into car audio for many many years.

·
Registered
140 Posts
^^^ I agree... get the very basic system, replace all the components to suit what you want...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts