Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I successfully dissabled the seatbelt chime with the following procedure:

1. With the ignition switch in any position except On or Start, buckle the driver side front seat belt.

2. Turn the ignition switch to the On position and wait for the seatbelt indicator reminder function to conclude (about six seconds).

3. Unbuckle and buckle the driver side front seat belt three or more times, ending with the belt buckled.

4. Turn the ignition switch to any position except On or Start to toggle the beltminder feature from its current setting (from active to inactive, or from inactive to active). A single chime tone will provide an audible confirmation that the programming sequence has been successfully completed.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Nice one, how did you find out about that?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Used the same procedure listed on www.lxforums.com

Assumed that since they are all Dodges they must use the same computer programming and it worked. Tried it then returned home shut it off and drove around the block and it still stayed off.

·
Registered
343 Posts
eandre said:
I successfully dissabled the seatbelt chime with the following procedure:

1. With the ignition switch in any position except On or Start, buckle the driver side front seat belt.

2. Turn the ignition switch to the On position and wait for the seatbelt indicator reminder function to conclude (about six seconds).

3. Unbuckle and buckle the driver side front seat belt three or more times, ending with the belt buckled.

4. Turn the ignition switch to any position except On or Start to toggle the beltminder feature from its current setting (from active to inactive, or from inactive to active). A single chime tone will provide an audible confirmation that the programming sequence has been successfully completed.
OR...you could just wear it and be safer in an accident :eek:

·
Registered
384 Posts
Ramsport47 said:
OR...you could just wear it and be safer in an accident :eek:
For real!! Gees!

I just think anyone who doesn't wear their belts is suicidal! :eek:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Those same steps disabled the chime on my Viper. Probably the same for all Dodges.

·
Registered
746 Posts
CrashTest said:
Those same steps disabled the chime on my Viper. Probably the same for all Dodges.
it scares me to think you're driving around in a flippin viper without a seatbelt... i mean come on, the damned thing hasn't even got a roof... now you're not jsut a risk to yourself, you're a risk to everyone else when you're ejected from your car quite easily and then you slam into someone's windshield....

no way to braceyourself for that ... :confused:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Come on guys, lighten up! Just because someone wants to silence an annoying chime/reminder doesn't mean that they don't belt up.:p

·
Registered
13 Posts
superbang said:
it scares me to think you're driving around in a flippin viper without a seatbelt... i mean come on, the damned thing hasn't even got a roof... now you're not jsut a risk to yourself, you're a risk to everyone else when you're ejected from your car quite easily and then you slam into someone's windshield....

no way to braceyourself for that ... :confused:
There are times when I don't wear my seat belt. Like when I drive from the Food Lion at one end of the parking lot down to the Walmart at the other end of the parking lot. Unlikely I'll get ejected driving thru a parking lot.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
It is unlikely but very very possible...do you want me to elaborate?

Wear your belts guys, but I know exactly what you're talking about, that damned thing is annoying...:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts