Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I orderedmy steel blue caliber on April 17th. Still no word from the salesman as to where it is or when it will be here...so i quit. I cancelled, got my full deposit back and bought an 06 Mazda 6. Maybe I'll look into a 2010 Cali...

ZOOM ZOOM

Good luck to the rest of you still waiting...

·
Registered
226 Posts
I don't get it. There are 2 sitting on the lot here in Iowa City and one that has been on the lot for over 2 weeks in Cedar Rapids. Why doesn't everyone just do a dealer search???

·
Registered
203 Posts
muzzysgirl said:
I don't get it. There are 2 sitting on the lot here in Iowa City and one that has been on the lot for over 2 weeks in Cedar Rapids. Why doesn't everyone just do a dealer search???
I'm with you on this one... my dealership has a white R/T (all decked out - leather, etc) sitting on the lot for 3 weeks now...

·
Registered
118 Posts
muzzysgirl said:
Why doesn't everyone just do a dealer search???
because people don't think for themselves, they prefer to trust someone they don't know with their money.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Dale Seeley said:
because people don't think for themselves, they prefer to trust someone they don't know with their money.
Or there is the simple fact that some dealers won't dealer trade over 150 miles, or how bout we take into consideration the fack that this is the hottest selling car dodge makes right now, if you were a dealer and had a caliber why would you get rid of it to another dealer for cost when you know you sooner or later someone will walk in your door and pay sticker. Mabey just mabey that car you see isn't the one we wan't, wrong color, no music gate, or has an option we don't want to pay for. Lets think ourself a little before we go breaking chops.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I've went through all the dealers that DCX shows in Ontario and went through ALL their inventorys online. ONE had a Sunburst Orange SXT 1.8L, but it was already spoken for. No other dealers had one, and the Orange SXT 1.8L I'm not willing to compromise on. When I'm paying $20,000+ for a new car, I want it to be what I want, not what they can get me into the fastest.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Newbie here

Don't see the problem.

My wife went to her Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep dealership (I went with her) and she saw the Caliber and liked it. There were three silver, base models, no air, two standard, the third auto. She wanted auto/air so we saw a black SXT just how she liked it. but wasn't crazy about black. The dealer told her an identical silver model is coming and she took it. Today, it arrived. Friday to Tuesday. Probably pick it up tomorrow or Thursday.

Caliber SXT
Silver, gray interior with blue seat inserts and dash
Auto 2.0L
Anti-lock
458 watt Bose with muscigate
The cooler/air cond
the 'E' pkg
fog lamps
heated seats
cruise

They took back her leased Jeep Liberty, 8 months early and cost her nothing.

I, myself, have an 04 GTP CompG. 3.8L Supercharged, modded, 280HP/300ft-lbs torque. Keeping it for another year then will look at a Charger SRT-8, or maybe, a Caliber SRT-4

Glad to be here.

·
Registered
226 Posts
*I'm not trying to be an ass. *

My car was bought on a dealer trade. The dealer I went through, Rhonda at Stew Hansen's Dodge in Des Moines, IA, made sure that what I wanted was on the lot when I drove 2.5 hours there to order one.

I'm sure they'd be willing to help out anyone else as well.

Trust me, if they want the cash, they will work with you. Hot selling car or not, a referral and repeat business will either make or break their dealership.

I also understand in getting what you want and not settling for less. But at the same time, if you are going to be picky, you must wait the wait and take it as it comes.

I've never settled for less and have always gotten what I wanted. Some times it takes longer. We had our 03 Ram Diesel with the 6 speed driven over 400 miles to get to us. I paid for it, but it was what I wanted and I had to wait for them to find one, trade for it and go get it.

Tiff

·
Registered
377 Posts
My aggravation comes from my existing car. I've got a buyer who is willing to pay over $500 more than the dealer will give me for trade-in. This guy won't wait around forever, and I can't get to work without a car. The longer I drive it the less it's worth. It just sucks that most of us were told 6 weeks, and right now I'm at 7, still now VIN and sitting in BX status.

·
Registered
911 Posts
You may be waiting on a dealer allocation for a Caliber Tigerr. You're order will NOT go beyond BX status without an allocation unless something seriously messes up. Some dealers wait as long as 2 to 4 months for an allocation. I know it sucks waiting for what seems like nothing right now.

I was in the same boat as you for a while. I have a trade and ordered my Caliber SXT Sport (Orange) on May 1st. The dealer did receive any allocations for May and the longer I waited, the less my car is worth. So it comes out that I pretty much have to stay with the order or I screw myself and my car isn't worth as much as it was a month and a half ago. My car had a little over 27,000 miles on May 1st and as of today it just rolled over 30,000 miles. The dealer has to give you what they quoted in the contract. I get 10,500 for my trade no matter how long it takes as long as I stick with the deal and don't do anything else to screw it up. Luckily for me, the dealer got an allocation for June and my order immediately went from BX to D status. My estimated build date is next week. I'm crossing my fingers that it happens. Can't trust the Dodge Info Center any further than I can throw them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Im pretty sure my Mazda 6 is a better buy than the Caliber SXT I ordered. I also couldnt wait much longer and the last I heard from the dealer was maybe, MAYBE August...

Anyway, saw a black Caliber broke down on the road today. City street, hazards flashing, driver looking under the hood.

Makes me feel even better about my buy and cancellation!

·
Registered
3 Posts
bluecaliber51 said:
Im pretty sure my Mazda 6 is a better buy than the Caliber SXT I ordered. I also couldnt wait much longer and the last I heard from the dealer was maybe, MAYBE August...

Anyway, saw a black Caliber broke down on the road today. City street, hazards flashing, driver looking under the hood.

Makes me feel even better about my buy and cancellation!
Maybe he was looking for his turbocharger:D

·
Banned
73 Posts
good choice on the mazda6. much better and more refined than the caravan...err. I mean caliber. I got a mazda3 myself and I love it.

Going 0-60 in 10+ seconds sucks and would get old real quick. I was gonna get a caliber when they first came out because I liked the idea of AWD and a CVT and thought R/T meant performance. But after some reviews came in saying a RV could beat a R/T, I reconsidered.

Plus with a SRT coming out, the aftermarket wont put much R+D into making the regular caravans-calibers faster.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Why are you even still on this board if you don't have a Caliber and aren't getting one? You obviously have nothing intelligent to offer, and to be perfectly honest, you sound a little bitter. I'm sorry you ended up with a Mazda, but you don't have to take it on the boards... Why aren't you on the Mazda boards? "Zoom zoom" away now... byebye

·
Registered
70 Posts
Just called my dealer. I do have a VON # but thats it. NO VIN. I asked him what I could do to get one of the 8 he has in stock. He moreless said he cant do better. He said i would lose my rebate. Well you know what...rebate didnt do me any good because I lost over $500.00 in trade in the last 6 weeks??? So it would have been a wash. I know he feels my frustration and he is a good guy...I have known him for a long time. I'm sure if something was available he would tell me. I just dont want to wait around because of a $500.00 rebate that was in effect when i got my car and lose that and then some on my trade. Wouldnt make sense. Frustated! :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
playB0Y42 said:
Or there is the simple fact that some dealers won't dealer trade over 150 miles, or how bout we take into consideration the fack that this is the hottest selling car dodge makes right now, if you were a dealer and had a caliber why would you get rid of it to another dealer for cost when you know you sooner or later someone will walk in your door and pay sticker. Mabey just mabey that car you see isn't the one we wan't, wrong color, no music gate, or has an option we don't want to pay for. Lets think ourself a little before we go breaking chops.
:cool: You remind me to think before I 'break chops'?

Let's 'think' about this for a second.... Somebody wants a specific car. They want it soon. The dealer they are close to doesn't have it and won't dealer trade for it.

That means the dealer isn't looking out for you and you should go someplace else. That means you should do the dealer search and find the exact car you are looking for. That means that when you find the car, you call them on the phone, do the majority of the paperwork, then get on a plane or have mom drive you there to pick it up.

You are not limited to the dealer closest to you when you would like to purchase a car, perhaps you should think a little before breaking chops. You should also use the little spellcheck button in the upper right corner of the box you type in to help you hide the fact that you are educated by the government.:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts