Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m pulling out my hair here. I have an 08 SXT and the gauge backlighting seems fine. One of the cup holder lights work, but the lights for the odometer and the avg fuel economy, etc (where the black background at the bottom of each gauge is) has no lights at all. Airbag light is on, as well as low tire pressure light and check engine light. No other lights at all. Can someone help me out here? I have no idea on the mileage on this thing I just bought is 2 days ago and I’d like to fix this.

side issueone of the codes is misfire in cylinder 2, I replaced all the plugs and coil for cylinder 2 and cleared codes and I’m still getting misfire in that cylinder, what else is there that can cause this? I know the cat was removed and also the O2 sensors but generally that would throw a random misfire code and not for a specific cylinder. Help!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi there,
  • I understand that your EVIC controller and Odometer is not functioning by the fact that no digits/segments are lighting on the two displays. That is in internal cluster malfunction (one switch power transistor most probably a MOSFET P-channel high side frighted). You need to have your cluster serviced by a electronics workshop or replaced mainboard.
  • Second issue with cyl.2 missfire. An ECU trows "missfire on cyl x" if the meassured acceleration of the crankshaft / flywheel is lower on that specific cylinder compared with other ones. That means that specific cylinder produce less torque when fired that the other. This can have multiple cause. One is , as you said a faulty spark plug or coil but that is not the only one cause. Anything that will stop respective cylinder to produce the same power hence acceleration eqial to the orhera will trigger missfire dtc.
So:
  • a bad spark / coil or any igition issue of that cylinder
  • a lower compression due to wornsess of segments , bad oil/not changed/low level ?(you can meassure compression on all cylinders and compare)
-faulty crank sensor ?
- faulty valve on that cylinder

There few more but I woulld do a compressuon test on all cylinders before replacing anything.
Hope that helps.
Moc

1 - 2 of 2 Posts