Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, my wife and myself are both new caliber owners.

my wife got her's after her old car (03 accent) was totaled running into a ford f150...she was fine, but the accesnt took it's final drive.
with the insurance money, she bought an inferno red caliber sxt..

me on the other hand, couldn't justify making payments on my santa fe when the engine self destructed last october, and now uses twice the amount of gas... and has something break every other month, so i traded it in for a silver sxt with musicgate....

we both love our new cars, and now she thinks i'm obsessed after seeing what can be done to our cali's......

i'll post pictures as soon as i can

·
Registered
203 Posts
Congrats to the both of you... and welcome aboard...

·
Registered
181 Posts
Congrats to you both. Glad your wife could make a positive out of the negative, you too for that matter. I know what you mean, my mom thinks I'm crazy too. A car in the past has been transportation only. But now after seeing these folks...

·
Registered
137 Posts
You know that once you start "personalizing" yours she will insist on doing the same with hers, and I'd bet in the end she'll end up spending more money on mods.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
clockmaker said:
You know that once you start "personalizing" yours she will insist on doing the same with hers, and I'd bet in the end she'll end up spending more money on mods.
she probably will, as she's already eyeing neons for the inside, and some external mods as well....(she want's my rims!)

·
Registered
371 Posts
Double Calibers- WOW, what could be better!!!:D Congrats! My wife thought my obsession would go away after 3 weeks, I did too. After all, it's just supposed to be a work vehicle for me. 3 1/2 months later I'm just as obsessed as day 1! And if I'm not driving, I'm on this site. Welcome, now I must think of someplace to drive to.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Bought one Cali each ! well why not, so a double welcome is in order....
welcome
welcome
And yes, there is a strange attraction to these Calibers that I have not seen in a car quite the same before.

I myself think that I may have fallen in love with the thing. I have alll the symptoms...thinking about the car every day, every hour, looking at pics of it, wanting it near me, wanting to be together....oh....

I want my Caliber !

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i may have the up this weekend for pics, as she want's her car washed before any picture taking...

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
here are pics of mine, with door guards attached

will post my wife's this weekend

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Xtreme Thunder said:
Cool, cool, cool!!:)

Are you trying to hide it from someone, behind the garage?:D
actually behind the house! i just bought this house 2 years ago, well, it came with 26 palm trees! 6 of them surrond the drive way, making it easy for someone to sneak by the car. the former owner had thier cars stolem twice from the driveway, so we keep our cali's in the back yard until i can give away the 5 remaining palms!

ps...anyone in miami looking for palm trees? i need them out of my driveway!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
here are the pictures of mine and the mrs' caliber's side by side

·
Registered
775 Posts
ashram,

You need to get a set of bumper stickers, one for each car. They each should nread, "My other car is a Dodge Caliber."

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i can chop them...but rather not...

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
xlr8 said:
Bought one Cali each ! well why not, so a double welcome is in order....
welcome
welcome
And yes, there is a strange attraction to these Calibers that I have not seen in a car quite the same before.

I myself think that I may have fallen in love with the thing. I have alll the symptoms...thinking about the car every day, every hour, looking at pics of it, wanting it near me, wanting to be together....oh....

I want my Caliber !
Samething here only differnt is i got my allready and i hope ones you get yours you will have a nice honeymon:) .Cheers thomas

1 - 20 of 20 Posts