Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought mine on Monday, and I've been poking around on the forum since. I just registered so I thought I'd introduce myself ;)

Anyways, I got a marine blue SXT, and it's pretty much a stock SXT except for the addition of a spoiler. I have the 2.0L with CVT as well. I needed a car ASAP or I might have considered ordering one special with a few extra options (mainly the driver convenience group, as well as the security group) but I don't think I'll miss any of that, honestly ;) I do want to get a cargo area cover, but I figured I could pick that up any time (dodgeparts.com seems to have it, but I don't know if that was a decent price), and it would be cheaper to get it later (rather than have the dealer try to price gouge as they had tried to do with the spoiler - they tried to convince me that it cost $695! :eek: Thankfully I knew better, but DANG!)

So far I am really enjoying my new car, it reminds me a lot of the Omni I had *years* ago, except much bigger, and WAY better. The more I've driven it, the more I love it... it really is wonderful :D

I installed two car seats in the back, no problem, including a rear facing Britax Boulevard (not a small seat!) It's actually behind the passenger seat since when it was in the middle my son couldn't buckle himself in his booster (and I had trouble doing it myself, so after two days, we gave up). The two seats fit fine right next to each other, that wasn't the issue, it was just that with the latch for the buckle being on a strap rather than fixed in position as it had been in the explorer I drove before, buckling it in such a tight space was nearly impossible... you can't see anything because of the armrest on the booster, and there's no much room to manuever the buckle parts anyways, and it quickly got rather frustrating.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and to Caliber ownership!! :cool:

dodgeparts.com, eh?? I hadn't heard about that one... hafta go check it out...! :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forums!!

If you get a chance and are able, I'd love to see pics of the Marine Blue with the spoiler. I think the only spoilers I've seen so far have been the brochure/online pics, and a black one someone on the forums has.

According to the online Build and price the entire appearance package is $695, maybe the dealer just got it confused or something, what did they end up charging you for it if you don't mind? I'm still debating adding a spoiler to mine.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't have the package, just the spoiler... I ended up having them drop that charge completely.. :D

This is absolutely not the best picture, with the way the sun was (I was aiming to get the bluebonnets in the background, which you can barely see anyways)

Going rate online for just the spoiler online seems to be about $280ish (give or take $15-20)

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Oooo, the spoiler looks nice! Blue

·
Registered
311 Posts
Welcome aboard easternbun. That spoiler looks good. I still like the stubby over it...but who cares. Yours looks good.

Tyke

·
Registered
414 Posts
It is nice to actually see a good picture of a Marine Blue. I am not feeling so distraught over the color we ordered. Now I think I need to talk the wife into the spoiler!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I really love the color.. it's not too dark, and not too light, and it's not excessively bright IMO either :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm feeling the same way. When I heard of the colour mix-up, i ordered a steel blue, but I've still got the option of the marine when it comes in. I just may take it.

mr_badda_bing said:
It is nice to actually see a good picture of a Marine Blue. I am not feeling so distraught over the color we ordered. Now I think I need to talk the wife into the spoiler!

·
Registered
65 Posts
easterbun said:
I really love the color.. it's not too dark, and not too light, and it's not excessively bright IMO either :)
That Marine Blue reminds me of the colour of my '98 Jeep TJ Sport (Wrangler for you USA members). It was called Gunmetal, and even when it was dirty it looked fairly clean. Great colour!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Looks good. Haven't seen many pics of the marine blue. It's the same color that I just ordered (but am currently considering cancelling for other reasons). The spoiler def looks better than the black plastic one.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Looks sweet dude! Congrats on the Caliber. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts