Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered a rt/awd on 5/31. Can't wait. I got the silver with everything but leather and sun roof. On the $500.00 rebate question, the dealer said I was entitled to it. I have learned alot from this forum. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The more I read on this forum and seeing grayfox video makes it unbearable.
I really feel dodge finally got it right.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Welcome and congrats Goof1

·
Registered
267 Posts
Welcome and congrats!! Silver Calibers Unite!! haha

·
Registered
287 Posts
goof1 said:
The more I read on this forum and seeing grayfox video makes it unbearable.
I really feel dodge finally got it right.
What is this grayfox video?

·
Registered
901 Posts
n1vek said:
What is this grayfox video?
That's Silverfox, actually. Back in February he was the first person on this forum to own a Caliber (before sales brochures were out and before salespeople knew any details about the car), and he graciously provided us with SO much first-hand information about the car - and two videos.

Sil's videos are now in google. Go to http://video.google.com and search on "caliber silverfox". You should get 2 videos as a result.

·
Registered
267 Posts
That was COOL! Seems like the more times goes buy, the more cool features this car has that I didn't even know about when I ordered it!

2 weeks down, 4 - 10 weeks left :-O

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm sorry silverfox on the name mixup. I have been seeing all of the wait times on getting a Caliber. It's worth the wait, I believe. The only trouble is my son is going to college and wanted to drive it. The way everybody else makes it sound, ordered 5/31 I probably won't get it till Auqust. He goes to College 8/23. This is killing him. Going to see Jimmy Buffett tuesday. Would have been great to try out the Musicgate while tailgating all day. Just have to wait till the next concert.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Why are we so obsessed with this car? Maybe the gov't put the same subliminal chip in the Caliber as they did in the pet rock or the Cabbage Patch kid or the Furbee LOL

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
RadioDude. Here is my reason. You finally have a car company that getsit. It's the small new little features. You have the chill zone for your drinks on a trip or if you go biking. You have the Music gate for tailgaiting, yes even for us 50 years plus. You have storage for a mp3 player that I even own(I have my son down load 60 and 70's on it). You have a arm rest that will fit any size person(even if some people have complained about it moving). We all spend so much time now with our cars, it's these added features that make it wanted by all ages. The price for all these also helps. As long as the quality is good, this could be Dodge's biggest hit in years.

·
Registered
377 Posts
goof1 said:
RadioDude. Here is my reason. You finally have a car company that getsit. It's the small new little features. You have the chill zone for your drinks on a trip or if you go biking. You have the Music gate for tailgaiting, yes even for us 50 years plus. You have storage for a mp3 player that I even own(I have my son down load 60 and 70's on it). You have a arm rest that will fit any size person(even if some people have complained about it moving). We all spend so much time now with our cars, it's these added features that make it wanted by all ages. The price for all these also helps. As long as the quality is good, this could be Dodge's biggest hit in years.
I'm with you on this one. I've been playing with the thought of getting a Jeep for the last few years. But until this last year I've realized that it isn't very practical for my uses. I have a 1997 Hyundai Accent right now. And I've realized how much I use the hatchback. I brought an ENTIRE patio set home in my car, mind you the table was sticking out a fair bit. But I enjoy the functionality. When I saw the Caliber, it was exactly what I wanted. It has a nice sporty look to it, the 4 door makes it nice on insurance, and its got the hatchback I've grown to love. I can't wait to try out the musicgate at the Drive-In this summer (if I have it by summer, LOL). And the GF has family about 8 hours away, so the Chill-Zone will definately be used. I'm even thinking about keeping 6 inch subs in it, LOL. I'm very excited about my purchase. This being my first new car (I'm 24), it sucks to have to wait, but I know I'll enjoy it once it arrives.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi!!! Welcome!

Tiff

1 - 15 of 15 Posts