Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after waiting for 10 weeks to find out that my car wont be here till october. I have decided to cancel the order.(see "How hard is it to build my car?!") Not too happy about it, but atleast they made it as hard as possible for me to get my money back.
Anyway, I dont know if I'm allowed to say this here but i have a set of 18" charger wheels and tires that havnt even been on the road(still wrapped) that I have no need for. So if you're in Canada,and like a good deal... and if this doesn't get deleted. send me a PM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Sorry to hear. I may be canceling as well. After 6 weeks, and getting dicked around between the no-help DCX customer service, and my no help dealership as well, my car status WAS D or D-1, and as of yesterday has magically slipped back to BX? The guy at the dealership sounded very confused and was gonna call the regional manager and said to call back on Monday. My patience is growing thin. I see no end to this in the next few weeks, and it's a shame cuz once my caliber would be built, I would have it fairly quickly since I am 40 minutes away from Belvidere, IL.

I'm gonna see what they say on Monday, but things aren't looking good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
683 Posts
Very few Calibers out here in Arizona. The dealers have a few but mostly SE models. I was lucky to get mine last month as it rolled off the truck at my dealer. Fully loaded SXT.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
slans said:
guys there are cars out there we has 12 in stock somebody in your area must have something.
Believe it or not, they are hard to come by in Illinois in the NW burbs where Belvidere is located as well. Most I have seen is 2 at any one dealer. Plus, you have to keep in mind that we ordered ours with options specifically because we don't want to just settle for what is on the lot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
spkeehan,

Where did you order your Caliber? I'm in the same general area of Illinois and have been supremely unimpressed with my salesman/dealership also. Just wondered if maybe we both got the same guy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
911 Posts
spkeehan said:
Sorry to hear. I may be canceling as well. After 6 weeks, and getting dicked around between the no-help DCX customer service, and my no help dealership as well, my car status WAS D or D-1, and as of yesterday has magically slipped back to BX? The guy at the dealership sounded very confused and was gonna call the regional manager and said to call back on Monday. My patience is growing thin. I see no end to this in the next few weeks, and it's a shame cuz once my caliber would be built, I would have it fairly quickly since I am 40 minutes away from Belvidere, IL.

I'm gonna see what they say on Monday, but things aren't looking good.
A typical wait time for an ordered Chrysler vehicle is 6 to 8 weeks. For example, if you order a Dodge Charger today the way you want it, it will take approx. 6 to 8 weeks to arrive at the dealer unless they just happen to have one like you want already built sitting on the assembly lot.

I know you're getting frustrated, but really its impossible for anyone to know the status of your car at any point in time. The Dodge Info Center even doesn't always know the status of your car. There are currently somewhere around 150,000-180,000 orders for Calibers. Its impossible to know the status at every point in time for that many orders. I've found that sometimes you gotta call more than once to get a straight answer from the Dodge Info Center. If I do call, I usually call twice and if they say the same thing 2 times by 2 different people, then I feel confident I didn't just get someone who didn't give a shit about looking it up for me even though it only takes 5 seconds to do.

A lot of times the dealer doesn't know why your order went from D back to BX. They're not in control of the order once its placed. One possible reason it may have gone back to BX is the required parts to build your car the way you ordered it may no longer be available. I'm just throwing out an idea there....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
This is the reason why DCX is doing three shifts in the plant now. And also why I went out and bought my car from a dealer and took what they had. It's almost what I wanted with the exception of a few options I guess I didn't really need... *sigh*
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
meek84 said:
spkeehan,

Where did you order your Caliber? I'm in the same general area of Illinois and have been supremely unimpressed with my salesman/dealership also. Just wondered if maybe we both got the same guy.
The dealership is Viking In Crystal Lake. Where are you?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Ahhh yes, I've heard the commercials for Viking on the radio.

We ordered from Belvidere Motors in Belvidere. When (if?) my car gets built, they just have to drive it across town.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Well, I am one step closer to canceling. I called the guy who said call back monday. He gave me some BS. It's been 8 weeks, and he says my car is in BG status. He says it will be here by end of month. Since it's in BG....I know that is not true at all.

I wanted to tell him that it is because he is telling me things he knows can't be true that I want to cancel. Instead, I made it clear that I was frustrated, and need a car. He said he was going to "look into it" and call me back. So....I'm goin to the Mazda dealer tomorrow for a test drive. If everything is nice, and they have something I'm willing to get....bu bye Caliber. I'm sorry to Dodge who is losing orders to this, but I'm sure they won't be hurting since so many people want the car. It's just a shame they've left a bad taste in people's mouths due to their inability to gauge production vs. demand. Not even close, Dodge.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
spkeehan said:
Well, I am one step closer to canceling. I called the guy who said call back monday. He gave me some BS. It's been 8 weeks, and he says my car is in BG status. He says it will be here by end of month. Since it's in BG....I know that is not true at all.

I wanted to tell him that it is because he is telling me things he knows can't be true that I want to cancel. Instead, I made it clear that I was frustrated, and need a car. He said he was going to "look into it" and call me back. So....I'm goin to the Mazda dealer tomorrow for a test drive. If everything is nice, and they have something I'm willing to get....bu bye Caliber. I'm sorry to Dodge who is losing orders to this, but I'm sure they won't be hurting since so many people want the car. It's just a shame they've left a bad taste in people's mouths due to their inability to gauge production vs. demand. Not even close, Dodge.
I called dodge today and they informed me that my order now has a problem and I should call the dealer. They would not elaborate despite my attempts. Thats just fine with me as I made up my mind on the weekend that I'm done with this bad dream and I am buying a Fiji blue Civic sedan lx tomorrow. I will attempt to get back my $1000 deposit which was given on May 3rd when it was implied that I would have my RT by July. If I kept waiting I know it would take till October to get here. So with the Civic I'm saving $3300, getting much improved mileage and reliability plus re-sale down the road. I may consider a Compass or other Dodge/jeep product next year (if the dealer is decent about giving me my deposit back). I don't mean this to poo pooo on other forum members who own Calibers. It pissed me off when I would read other posts that were crapping all over the Caliber when they bought something else. I think those people should stay out of the Caliber forum if all they're going to do is bash. I, for the record, really like the Caliber and looked so forward to getting one. I struggled with cancelling for a long time. I simply can't wait forever. I have to sell my Dakota V-8 and want something right now that is a little cheaper and a lot better on gas. Maybe a Caliber diesel will be in my future plans. Good luck to all of you. I know one thing for sure. I will never factory order a car again. This is twice I've been very dis-satisfied with specila orders. Once with Chev, once with Dodge.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Let me know how it goes getting your money back from those guys. That was my worst experience as a customer purchasing ANYTHING. I'd rather buy a car from Telus.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Viking is garbage. I do all my business with Belvidere Motors myself.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Did you have a bad experience with Viking? I was pretty leery of going through them because they have always looked like a very shady dealership, but I gave them a chance because they had good prices and the salesmen were nice.
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top