Dodge Caliber Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just to add to my miserable experience, I talked to the guy at Viking today and he told me that the car had a build date of the 14th, and ship of the 20th (this thursday). So....he told me that the car would be there no later than next Tues. Wow.....so from D status, back to BG, and now it's gonna show up by next week? WOW. That's all I can say about the complete clusterf*ck this has been....and they had me going to the Mazda dealer tonight.....good thing this guy pulled this one, cuz he just bought another week. If it doesn't show up by then....bu bye.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Scorcoff said:
Let me know how it goes getting your money back from those guys. That was my worst experience as a customer purchasing ANYTHING. I'd rather buy a car from Telus.
I had a pre-cursory talk today with the manager. He said he already had someone else, who had called Dodge to track their order, come in and tell him it would be October till they got their car. It was probably you scorcoff. He said these dodge help line people sit behind a desk and don't know what they are talking about and they are lieing to people. I said, hey they gave me the scoop last week that my car was just submitted for edit on june 5 and now they are telling me its nowhere near built and indeed there's a problem with the order. I told him I'm not taking the car because we wanted it for holidays next week and now he's telling me it will be here on the first week of sept. Thats 16 weeks after ordering/paying. He also said that because I had not ordered my Caliber Loaded (I didn't want 6 disc or sunroof) he'd not have an easy time selling it because he orders all his Calibers loaded. Of all 17 that he has coming all have sunroof. Gimme a break! Like 100% of customers want to pay 900 bucks for a sunroof. So since my car wasn't ordered loaded he's going to try and find out if its been started on the line yet being built. If he can cancel he'll give me my money back. If not....well we'll see about that :>)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Update. Just got off the phone with manager again. He's come to his senses and decided to mail me my deposit back. I'm really glad I didn't have to let it get ugly. He realized that I've been a good customer in the past (2001 Intrepid RT and 2003 loaded quad cab Dakota 4x4). Because he was fair I'm still very much interested in a Caliber RT or Compass in the next year or so (hopefully diesel by then). Till then...everyone enjoy your Calibers. If you don't shoot me maybe I'll post a pic of the new Civic I'm picking up today.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I don't think it matters what options are on a Caliber, it will sell and sell quick. Not everyone wants a fully loaded Caliber SXT or R/T. Some just care if it has specific options and thats it (ex. Cruise Control/Power Windows and Locks). He can't keep your money unless its hidden somewhere in a contract. Take him to court if you have to.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well, sorry to report, but, I canceled my order last night. It's been 9 weeks, and more than likely a few more before I even hear what's going on with my order. So.....I'm going to go buy a Mazda 3. Good price, sporty, and I can have it now. Sorry Dodge! It will sell to someone else, I'm sure!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Order it directly from Dodge. My mother did that before because none of the dealers wanted to work with her because we get employee pricing. She went to detroit and picked her ram up in 6 weeks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
cdub998 said:
Order it directly from Dodge. My mother did that before because none of the dealers wanted to work with her because we get employee pricing. She went to detroit and picked her ram up in 6 weeks.
Not with all the crap they are going through right now with orders. I doubt that SXT will come in before 4 weeks. I still like the car.....but....they lose my business because of their production problems. Maybe next time.....

21 - 27 of 27 Posts