Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I took a 900 mile road trip averaging 85mph. I drove my Caliber hard, as I always do, and I still got an average of 27 mpg with the A/C running the whole time. The Chill Zone worked great as usual, seats were comfortable, Sirius and MusicGate were exceptional, and it was just another fun as hell road trip! Most of the time I would pass people and then they would get behind me and follow for miles and miles. At one point our group came upon a group being led by a silver Caliber. I was proud to see that sight, but they were only doing about 80 so we overtook them. As I passed the Caliber, he waved and I waved back. I passed 3 more Calibers and we all waved to each other.
The little Black SXT was quick as hell entering the highway and I could pass anybody with ease. The bug shield worked great for bugs flying low but I still had a car covered in bugs when I got home. ALSO- I had my tires rotated, and now my back left reads as my front left on the panel. Same for the right side. But at least the readings for the tire pressure are accurate.

What a car! I can't wait for my next road trip.:D

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Just put 6000+kms on mine, Jenson Beach, Florida, just north of West Palm Beach and back. Tried to keep accurate gas milage but gave up when I couldn't change the trip odo's from kms. to miles. The only thing that changes is the readings on the little screen. You guys have it made, gas down to $2 a gallon compared to 84 cents a L. up here. The Caliber ran like a charm, no problems except the wife complained about the choppy ride on some of the older, buckled cement slab interstates. The wierdest thing is that we only saw about 7 or 8 other Calibers on the road in the states. I see that many driving to Toronto and back, 300 kms. Oh, I almost forgot. Those Firestones suck, big time.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Congrats on another great road trip!.... I'm going on one next week (about 1300 miles). I prolly won't be going as fast though as I will have roof rack + soft cargo carrier.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts