Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got in my car tonight and put on the AM to listen to the playoffs... no reception...so i changed it to FM... no reception...got out of my car and sure enough... no antenna!!! some ass snapped it off at the base. Now I dont know how im going to change it. Its completely snapped off. I mean I wanted to replace it with a shot euro ... but shhhhhh. I do live a block away from wrigely field so I'm sure some drunk coming out of the bars did it.

Any ideas on how to get the stub out?

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Get one of the drill bits that spins in the reverse direction. Try drilling it out. It will either spin it out, or will drill it and you can use an easy out removal tool.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Dude that sucks...:mad:
Good Luck

·
Registered
343 Posts
Like HSKR said, easy out's are the only way to get it out. get the right size and drill the right sized hole, and with a little elbow grease and some luck, you can backspin it right out.

·
Registered
683 Posts
You guys are implying that the antenna has a male thread into the fenders female socket. Thats odd. Every car I've ever owned the fender mount had the male thread. Does Dodge do things different?

·
Registered
114 Posts
The antenna is indeed a male thread...you should be able to just take a wrench and unscrew the base unless they broke it off at the very base which i would see as f*ckin impossible...try taking a wrench to it and see what happens.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Huff said:
You guys are implying that the antenna has a male thread into the fenders female socket. Thats odd. Every car I've ever owned the fender mount had the male thread. Does Dodge do things different?
Hmm, that's add, because every car I've owned has had female threads on the vehicle. This includes GM, Dodge and Ford.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts