Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Bulldogger said:
24 views and nobody has an opinion!...
It could be because many of the current viewers on the forum may have not have interest or experience in this topic, and/or that it has been discussed several times in the past - as recently as 6 days ago - and folks may be avoiding duplicate or repeated postings.

Here is a link to the most recent discussion about it; it seems to show that the antenna you are considereing is preferred over many others, and why so:

http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=800

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hey BullDog,

i think the antenna is great!! i bought one already and i dont even have my caliber yet. i dont want that huge cheap silver one on my car when i get it.

well thats just my 2 cents.

Later

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I don't like those short, stubby antennas when they are mounted on the fenders/quarter panels. If it were on the roof it would be great.

I like the roof-mounted shark fins. Wish the USA Caliber had them.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I bought one of the short stubbies from Auto Zone and installed it shortly after getting my Caliber. I can take a pic later on today when I get home from work. I think it looks pretty good and at Auto Zone, I want to say it was only like $5.99 or something. Installed it and tested it. It works really well even with my iPod's FM transmitter. Plus, having a silver SXT with black accents, it's cool to have one more black accent to break things up a bit. Only thing I don't like about it is, the accents are a kind of muted black while the antenna is a glossy black. Can't complain too much for less than ten bucks. Plus, at that price, I can get something better without feeling like I wasted too much money.

·
Banned
400 Posts
GOT said:
I don't like those short, stubby antennas when they are mounted on the fenders/quarter panels. If it were on the roof it would be great.

I like the roof-mounted shark fins. Wish the USA Caliber had them.
Well it doesn't, so we will have to make do with those short stubby antennas..:D

·
Registered
188 Posts
SXTman said:
I bought one of the short stubbies from Auto Zone and installed it shortly after getting my Caliber. I can take a pic later on today when I get home from work. I think it looks pretty good and at Auto Zone, I want to say it was only like $5.99 or something. Installed it and tested it. It works really well even with my iPod's FM transmitter. Plus, having a silver SXT with black accents, it's cool to have one more black accent to break things up a bit. Only thing I don't like about it is, the accents are a kind of muted black while the antenna is a glossy black. Can't complain too much for less than ten bucks. Plus, at that price, I can get something better without feeling like I wasted too much money.
Oh yeah! AutoZone? Sweet! I was going to order a shortie but was worried it wouldn't fit.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The antenna I got had an adapter kit that came with it. The guy tried to install it and couldn't get it right. After he said it wouldn't fit and my heart sank I gave it a try and found that he wasn't doing it right. There was one that came with it that was a perfect fit. Turned on car, checked radio and voila! Perfect sound. I only really listen to my iPod with an FM transmitter but, checked the local stations as well and everything sounded fine. Once I get the camera back from my mom, I'll take some pics. Sorry for delay.

·
Registered
190 Posts
pics??... i want to see how it looks before i order. does the oem one just screw off by hand or did you need tool's to get it off?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts