Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does my Caliber SXT Have Anti-Lock Brakes? Here is my problem....On the sticker, it states "Anti-Lock Frt Disc/Rr Drum Brakes" under the CVT II Heading. But, Usually, On all cars i've seen with ABS it says "ABS" on the brake pedal itself! Did i get jipped or is the "ABS" stamp on the brake pedal oldschool format?
Thanks!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Get under the front wheels, and look for a sensor. OR get out on the road, get going between 20 and 30, and stomp on the brakes.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RobMR3 said:
Get under the front wheels, and look for a sensor. OR get out on the road, get going between 20 and 30, and stomp on the brakes.
I'll probably go the sensor route :D ....it should be on the wheel itself?
Thanks

·
Registered
285 Posts
umf said:
I'll probably go the sensor route :D ....it should be on the wheel itself?
Thanks
It'll be facing the back side of the brake rotor, close to where the CV Half-Shaft goes through to the wheel hub.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RobMR3 said:
It'll be facing the back side of the brake rotor, close to where the CV Half-Shaft goes through to the wheel hub.
Holy crap...That is detailed info...thanks! I'll go check er out!

·
Banned
400 Posts
umf said:
Does my Caliber SXT Have Anti-Lock Brakes? Here is my problem....On the sticker, it states "Anti-Lock Frt Disc/Rr Drum Brakes" under the CVT II Heading. But, Usually, On all cars i've seen with ABS it says "ABS" on the brake pedal itself! Did i get jipped or is the "ABS" stamp on the brake pedal oldschool format?
Thanks!
Wow, haven't seen/heard anyone use the word "JIPPED" since 1986..lol:D

·
Registered
59 Posts
Alternatively, just pop the hood and look for the ABS module located on the passenger side firewall. It'll be an aluminum square thing with a bunch of brake lines running into/out of it and it'll have a black pump attatched.

All CVT Calibers have ABS -- something to do with the CVT not liking it when you lock up the front wheels all of a sudden. MTX vehicles have ABS as optional...

·
Registered
285 Posts
Tito said:
Alternatively, just pop the hood and look for the ABS module located on the passenger side firewall. It'll be an aluminum square thing with a bunch of brake lines running into/out of it and it'll have a black pump attatched.

All CVT Calibers have ABS -- something to do with the CVT not liking it when you lock up the front wheels all of a sudden. MTX vehicles have ABS as optional...
Thanks Tito. I wasn't sure since I don't own a Caliber yet.

·
Registered
506 Posts
here's wut you gotta do.... get on the highway... then next time you are getting off on an exit... plow the break like you would a clutch with your left foot... tell us what happens :) I DID THAT YESTERDAY AND IT WAS SCARRY... also took me like 2 min to figure out why i was locking up all 4 wheels... when i should have been taking all power off the wheels...

EDIT:: Damn you Automatic DAMN YOU!!!!

·
Registered
911 Posts
If you got the 2 Liter engine, then it comes standard with anti-lock brakes. If you have an SXT, then its disc brakes in the front, and drum in the rear. If you have an R/T is 4 wheel disc brakes. Only the 1.8 Liter engine doesn't come standard with Anti-Lock brakes.

My '02 Neon that came with Anti-Lock brakes did NOT have ABS on the brake pedal, nor have I seen any other car have that.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Like stated above all CVT Calibers come standard with ABS. Sweet if you ask me.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Trust your Mulroney ("window") sticker - it lists ALL the options on your vehicle - if there is an error, the manufacturer has to face very stiff Federal Law problems....

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks to all! Yup, i was not "jipped :D ! Have the ABS. Nice to have an army of Caliber people on my side when i have a question!
Cheers!

·
Registered
101 Posts
umf said:
...On all cars i've seen with ABS it says "ABS" on the brake pedal itself!...
The only cars i've ever seen that on is older GM vehicles...

·
Registered
126 Posts
umf said:
Thanks to all! Yup, i was not "jipped :D ! Have the ABS. Nice to have an army of Caliber people on my side when i have a question!
Cheers!
Thats what makes these forums great, the wealth of information that you can access at your fingertips.:eek:

·
Registered
384 Posts
So if you have an automatic Caliber (with CVT obvioulsy), then you also have anti-lock brakes?

I do know one thing, these brakes work well. When we test drove the Caliber for the first time, hubby stomped the brakes when going about 30mph in the rain and BOY did we stop fast.

·
Registered
285 Posts
katiescaliber said:
So if you have an automatic Caliber (with CVT obvioulsy), then you also have anti-lock brakes?

I do know one thing, these brakes work well. When we test drove the Caliber for the first time, hubby stomped the brakes when going about 30mph in the rain and BOY did we stop fast.
The wonders of modern technology. Ain't it grand?!:cool:

·
Registered
101 Posts
ah yes... modern technology... ABS has saved me a couple times... stupid people who can't drive... *gumbles*

·
Registered
911 Posts
katiescaliber said:

Yes, if you get the CVT then it automatically adds 4 wheel anti-lock brakes. If you have an SXT their 4-wheel anti-lock with front disc brakes, and rear drum brakes. If you have an R/T, then you have 4-wheel disc anti-lock brakes. Traction control however is NOT part of the anti-lock braking system like it is with the middle generation Neon and Stratus Sedan. You must purchase ESP (Electronic Stability Control) in order to get traction control.

If you get the 1.8 Liter then you do NOT get anti-lock brakes and must add them on as an option (est $400 USD).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts