Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The ANTIFREEZE OF MY DODGE CALIBER FINISHES at the 1000 KM It FINISH COMPLETELY IT IS HAD LEFT The TANK, SOMEBODY HAS The SAME PROBLEM?? :(:(

·
Registered
118 Posts
You need to refill it, burp the air out of the system, and visit a repairshop that can add dye to the system that will help find the leak.

Driving it without coolant will ruin the engine, and it will not be covered by warranty.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
here is the picture, but why the coolant empty soon , the coolant must live for 5000km , or more , and never empty the tank of coolant , anybody have the problem .

·
Registered
68 Posts
Bring it back to the dealer, they should be able to look at it. Maybe they missed it during predelivery. It might have been low when you picked the car up.

Anyway get the dealer to look at it, they should test it for leaks and top it up for free.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tkyoshi said:
Bring it back to the dealer, they should be able to look at it. Maybe they missed it during predelivery. It might have been low when you picked the car up.

Anyway get the dealer to look at it, they should test it for leaks and top it up for free.

i was check all car , all fluids of the car was full , only the gasoline was allmost empty like every new car

·
Registered
377 Posts
I would say you have a leak somewhere. Have you noticed Antifreeze puddles in your driveway? I would definately suggest seeing your dealer. the last thing you want is to cause engine dammage from driving it without coolant.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Do not drive the car with no antifreeze coolant!! It will overheat in minutes and cause severe engine damage.

Get the car to your dealership service dept ASAP. Have it towed if necessary to avoid driving it.

Did you know there is a FREE roadside assistance service thru DCX? (This not the same thing as a service contract.) (US and Canada!) You should have gotten a brochure or card at delivery (black and yellow) with this information. If not, call your service dept or go to the Dodge website to get the phone number to call from them.
Tip: On dodge.com, click "Owner Services" at the very top of the page. Then when that page displays, click on "Roadside Assistance" at bottom right.

The roadside assistance service will contact the appropriate towing service for you. This is all done for you so you don't have any out of pocket cost to get your car into the shop.

If you add any coolant yourself so you can limp to the dealership, don't just grab any off-the-shelf brand. REFER TO THE OWNERS MANUAL to find out what type of antifreeze formula to use, because it's a new type.

·
Registered
68 Posts
DodgeGirlKathy said:
Do not drive the car with no antifreeze coolant!! It will overheat in minutes and cause severe engine damage.

Get the car to your dealership service dept ASAP. Have it towed if necessary to avoid driving it.

Did you know there is a FREE roadside assistance service thru DCX? (This not the same thing as a service contract.) (US and Canada!) You should have gotten a brochure or card at delivery (black and yellow) with this information. If not, call your service dept or go to the Dodge website to get the phone number to call from them.
Tip: On dodge.com, click "Owner Services" at the very top of the page. Then when that page displays, click on "Roadside Assistance" at bottom right.

The roadside assistance service will contact the appropriate towing service for you. This is all done for you so you don't have any out of pocket cost to get your car into the shop.

If you add any coolant yourself so you can limp to the dealership, don't just grab any off-the-shelf brand. REFER TO THE OWNERS MANUAL to find out what type of antifreeze formula to use, because it's a new type.
Really the only one you can use is the Mopar one. Do NOT use GM Dexcool or Dexcool compatible ones as they are OAT Coolants, the Mopar one is HOAT though they are similar in color.

Prestone says theirs is compatible but I belive that is just on their word and it's not officially certified, theirs is more of a Dexcool compatible coolant.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
tkyoshi said:
Really the only one you can use is the Mopar one. Do NOT use GM Dexcool or Dexcool compatible ones as they are OAT Coolants, the Mopar one is HOAT though they are similar in color.

Prestone says theirs is compatible but I belive that is just on their word and it's not officially certified, theirs is more of a Dexcool compatible coolant.
I guess as cars become more sophisticated everything becomes more proprietary.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Heh, soon you'll have to polish your car with a MOPAR approved wax or else your paint will fall off.

But really, I agree with Kathy - given that it's not worth the risk of overheating and having the dealer give you any guff about how you abused your motor - go ahead and take the safe route to have the dealer inspect it. I do think you'll be okay just adding in some of your own coolant before heading out to the dealership in your car, but then coolant cost you $$$ as well.

On such a new car, they're expecting odd problems to pop up - and you trying to fix it yourself could prove to be problematic down the road. Of course, if you're bored and hate relying on others to take care of life's small problems - go ahead and just try to find the leak yourself and later take it in for warranty work anyway to get the new part/repair for what is leaking.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts