Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the days are getting colder and we're starting to get frost on the cars in the morning. As usual, winter is on the way.

The normal temps around here get down to -30C....with the odd -48C before the windchill.

I normally start pluggin 'er in at about -20C (my last car anyways)

So I was looking under the hood and haven't been able to find the block heater cord.

Two questions:

1. Did the factory hide them somewhere? If so where did you find it?

2. Did you have to ask for something that came as a standard option on every other Dodge I've bought from Dodge dealership here in Canuckistan?

I'm hoping that someone will be able to point me in the right direction or I'll have to go in and get one installed....and going on a Armoured Vehicle Crew Commander course in the near future I won't really have time before the snow starts to fly.

Regards

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
If you bought it off the lot, the dealer would have had to order the option black heater for it to be installed. Check your window sticker to see if it was added to the car. Chances are if you can't find the cord, you probably don't have it.

·
Registered
775 Posts
They put a black cord on there. I'd get a small section of cold temp blue cord to hang down through the bumper grille. The more you move those black cords around in the cold, the easier the insulation cracks.

I'm originally from Alaska, so I know all about plugging the cars in. My Nissan still has all of the heaters on it (block, battery, oil, etc) with a cord still behind the bumper.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Found the little bastard.

It was tucked under the fuse box, moved there possibly because of all the potholes around the Ottawa Valley I hit on a daily basis.

Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

Hmmmm.....covered in goop as well. Probably the undercoating I ordered.

Regards

1 - 6 of 6 Posts